Explorer kills itself everytime i go in my documents

gta95

Limp Gawd
Just as the title says. When I go through the shortcut on my desktop, explorer pretty much restarts itself. When I go threw C:\Documents and Settings\*********\My Documents , its fine. Whats goin on?

I did the fix in there, still havin trouble. Do I really have to call M$??

Do you have any movie files in your documents folder? Explorer would kill itself on my pc everytime I went into a folder with avi, mpgs etc because it didn't have the proper codec or something. Installed a correct codec and bam, problem went away.

I followed the KB article and I still cannot drag and drop files, nor can I copy and paste them. My Documents will open, but when I try to do any of the previous it crashes. Anyone know a solution?

hity645 said:
Do you have any movie files in your documents folder? Explorer would kill itself on my pc everytime I went into a folder with avi, mpgs etc because it didn't have the proper codec or something. Installed a correct codec and bam, problem went away.

Just My Documents crashes explorer.

From what you say it sounds like the link on the start menu to your documents folder is damaged somewhere. I would check out the folder properties, and also see if anyone else *another user* has this problem on that rig.

Sorry for the really old bump. But this is really fu*king annoying. Now its everytime I go into my computer.

there's a particularly annoying version of the look2me spyware that can cause this. Are you familiar with 'hijack this'? If so, do a scan and PM me the saved log file. (You'll need to do this in safe mode probably if it keeps killing explorer).

Back