Explorer hogging 100% CPU?

Icewall42

n00b
Joined
Sep 1, 2006
Messages
7
I'm running Vista (while still having occasional boot up problems) but now, suddenly, explorer is eating up my entire processor power (an Athlon 64 3000+ Venice as I recall) and I have run spyware removers, virus scanners, I've restarted twice, closed and reopened explorer (the task bar, not IE) and still my processor won't stop whatever it's doing. The hard disk light on my case has been continuously on, for hours. I don't recall doing anything different except running some games, and now my whole system is painfully slow.

Is there anything I can do about this? I can post the other hardware again, though that should also be in another topic a couple pages back. Just let me know if you need more information.
 
Go to start, run and type services.msc, once there, select Windows Search and right click to stop the service, see if the disk activity stops
 
Back
Top