Explorer.exe is acting weird....

Posted: March 6, 2004 @ 02:59 AM Post subject: alrighty some help plllleeeeaaaaasssseeeeeeeee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright this is el problem...
My comp is like having Page File Usage fluctuations, like, it goes full and then goes back to normal out of no where. When i check the tast manager, explorer.exe is like using 98 or 99% of the cpu......i ran a system scan with el Norton but it didnt detect ANY viruses. I have a hunch that its just a virus that Norton can't detect, but I dont know. Any clues?
Formatting is an option, i know, but i dont want to have to do that just yet I was wondering if anyone had any idea what it could be and maybe a solution.

:mad:

well so far this is what i have done, i unchecked load startup items in msconfig, scanned with ad aware, and norton.
i read another topic here that said something about spyware, so i downloaded and ran Spybot search and destroy. So far the problem hasnt persisted so im guessing that helped, if not, then, i shall go mad. lol
Thanks tho dude :)

Yes. I'm pretty sure it was a spyware file that infected your computer.

I had the same problem and run both ad-aware and spybot and i think it fixed the problem. Now when playing games i don't notice the stuttering and jerky movements i had before with that process taking up CPU power.

Back