Explain to me why ASUS sucks mokeyball...

I called Asus up yesterday to ask for a new heatsink/fan for my northbridge on my P5N-e Sli mobo and they said that they could only RMA my mobo and replace the heatsink on it for the same one, but they couldn't do anything else. I complained to Newegg (where I got the mobo) and they gave me $10 off for this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835110103
Newegg rocks, Asus sucks! Asus lost this customer, from now on it's EVGA boards from newegg when I need a new mobo.

I had a bad p4b back in the 478 days, RMA'd just to get the same fried board back 6 weeks later... wtf? Endless back/forth emails and calls, time wasted so I just said fuck it and chucked the board in the garbage. What a waste that was. Luckily two years later I had a pleasant experience with a 939 board from them, but if it ever went bad I would not even waste my time... BTW ever download drivers from their website? Feels like back in 33.6 days, lol.

Few comments:

a) LOL at the OP's rant. Sorry, just had to post that.

b) Found in my expereince that each person has the brands that work well for them, and the brands they should never buy. This might sound odd, but to give an example, I'd had horrid luck with Gigabyte. Won't buy a Gigabyte product now. But, I know people who swear by them, and have had great boards. Just using them as an example, not flaming them, as an aside.

c) Having said that, my dad had to RMA an ASUS video card a few years back, and it was a pretty slow process..but was also around the holiday season, so not sure if that caused things to be a lot slower then normal or not.

My personal experience, only commenting on item quality/stability, not on customer service other then item c above...ASUS generally good, MSI generally good (but last MSI board was pretty wonky), DFI generally good. Abit, generally good but has been a long while since I've had an Abit product. Gigabyte, had one good board, rest kind of bad (and personally don't like the dual BIOS chip setup, if they still use that), never used Chaintech, my dad has and he never got a good one (maybe moot since I don't think they make Mobo's now)...think that might be every brand I've encountered. Again, know many who have had and love their Gigabyte boards, so not flaming them. Or to put it another way, your milage may vary, and probably will. ;)

My A8N32-SLI has been a rock solid board, really no issues except I did lose a couple of USB ports, but that happened during a storm, some type of surge, but I've got like five hubs hooked to it so its not really a big deal.

I had a similar problem, I am not sure if it was a power outage issue or not. The USB ports went bad, after a couple weeks all the ports on the IO panel gave out on me... I never bought ASUS again. Although I did have a bad experience with that one motherboard from ASUS... I will be looking into buying a ASUS Striker for a C2D machine.

To the original poster, your attempt to make this company look bad by making this thread completely failed.. for me at least. You made a fool of yourself.. sorry.

The following is not suitable for children:
ASUS are motherfucking monkeys !!!!

error: id 10 t

Back