A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
I'm trying to select a 120hz monitor to play CS:GO. I have no idea what light boost is or what it does. I also have no idea what strobed vs. not strobed is. What's the deal?
From my understanding lightboost strobes the backlight in sync with your refresh rate, such that it clears the image from the screen and making things appear much smoother.
I searched for a monitor for CS:GO as well, I just ordered the Asus VG24QE yesterday..
As a technology though it is designed to make the 3D content brighter, ie boosting the light there are threads about tweaks allowing you to use it in certain conditions to help reduce motion blur too as a strobing backlight type
I'm happy to answer LightBoost questions in the "official" thread (and sometimes in the LightBoost monitor threads like VG248QE). Just don't want to annoy HardForum with too many LightBoost threads.