• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Expirencing LAN problems on PC

3991vhtes

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
1,053
Hey guys I have a few LAN problems with my computer.

First off, my desktop doesn't load any web pages.. and if it does, it does it very slowly! The only things that really worked are Steam, AIM, and MSN. OCN would work a few times, but was really unreliable (sometimes it wouldn't work)

I thought it was the cable (100 foot) but I am typing this on my laptop, with the cable plugged in and the WiFi off. It works on my laptop, and my brother's computer with a Netgear hub.

I tried a LAN card, but that didn't work. Why would _just_ my computer not work with the net on a LAN cable, but everything else does?

Any help to get it running again would be awesome, thanks
 
are you sure the computer is pulling an IP from the same range as the others in the house?
 
It's not, but I changed it to automatic instead of manual, trying it out now
 
If MSN, AIM, and steam work it's not the cable. It's the browser. If your on IE then switch to Firefox and try it... if your on Firefox then scan your computer for viruses and spyware.
 
There was an IP config error. It works just fine now and I set it to auto config. (In Windows)
 
Back
Top