Experts Weigh In On Having Sex With Robots

Aww yeah

latest

thing is the people that can afford these are not the people sucking off of the government teat...

just one step closer to idocracy

Sure, because poor people don't have $600 iphones and a business won't take a product that starts out as very expensive and mass market and mass produce it until it is cheap enough that anyone can buy it.

In 2006 I was working in Iraq and I wanted a SSD for a new laptop I wanted to buy. I told myself when 64GB SSDs drop to under $1,000, I'm buying one and I did.

Today there are dozens available for under $200 at 64GB and the very best which are far better then mine from 2006, they are half the price of what I paid.

The first models sure, but not when it becomes mainstream, and remember you don't have to own an entire restaurant to get yourself a hamburger.

You go to Wendy's and you buy a hamburger and leave 20 mins later. Likewise, in the future you could go to Robo-Wendy's, buy a half/half and leave 20 mins later.

Cheap, quick, safe, easy.

No way, not today at least. The women would say it promotes and perpetuates the sex trade because men will still identify their screwbots with women.

I guess a communal sex bot in prisons would assist in lowering prison rape. Wouldn't want to be on cleanup duty for that thing, mind you.

Right but that still isn't intimate. That is just a guy picking the easiest means of getting off for the pleasure of it. Even if ai gets developed enough to develop a relationship ala "her" it still isn't intimate. I find the entire notion of a guy being intimate with a robot to be a completely asinine female notion that doesn't understand male evolution in the slightest. Men have enough trouble getting intimate with a real female as it is. Most just want nothing more than what we are biologically wired for, which is to get our rocks off. Just look at things like Tinder. That isn't men looking for intimate relationships in the slightest, that's men looking to bang some chick with no strings and find the next one. Reality is we aren't wired for monogamy, we are wired to spread our genetics as much as we can. Monogamy is a construct of society. Most of us only strive to enter monogamous relationships because we have it beaten into our heads all our lives that it is the only acceptable thing to do.

I disagree. If robots can pass a Turing test (or even get close), intimacy is possible and I'd argue that the relationship in Her was intimate. Whether that would become common or not, is unknown, since we're at least a few decades away from that type of robot/AI.

She was actually human though. Just had some mechanical implants.
Yup, hard to find a woman without implants these days.

This is more what we have to look forward to, except preferably without the whole sentience thing that complicates matters.

Considering how crazy realistic they are able to make the non-animated dolls already, I'd say in 15 years we should see some realistic tech. Perhaps not walking around the house and doing chores, but certainly enough to be convincingly interactive in the ways desired.

The manufacturer(s) of the robots better perform due diligence with regards to water proofing. They wouldn't want their customers to get to the point of climax then get shocked because the robot had a 'sleeve' failure. :eek:

I disagree. If robots can pass a Turing test (or even get close), intimacy is possible and I'd argue that the relationship in Her was intimate. Whether that would become common or not, is unknown, since we're at least a few decades away from that type of robot/AI.

The relationship in her was scripted to push a thought experiment. I'm sorry but there is just no way any mentally stable person gets that attached to a computer. It makes an interesting philosophical debate, but nothing more.

The relationship in her was scripted to push a thought experiment. I'm sorry but there is just no way any mentally stable person gets that attached to a computer. It makes an interesting philosophical debate, but nothing more.

Well if we both live long enough, we'll see who is right. Once a robot can pass a Turing test, there's no reason to believe someone won't have a relationship with a robot. At that point, there's no difference, other than anatomy and the ability to reproduce.

Well if we both live long enough, we'll see who is right. Once a robot can pass a Turing test, there's no reason to believe someone won't have a relationship with a robot. At that point, there's no difference, other than anatomy and the ability to reproduce.
Take a step back though...

Can a cat pass a turing test? Can a dog? Do people love their pets?

But speaking of pets, its entirely moot, as you don't have to get sex from the same source you get companionship.

Has anyone ever heard of a concept of being close with a best friend of the same sex, and not remotely thinking about sex? Yup, human companion that you don't have to put your penis inside... fulfills companionship needs.

And heck, a dog is certainly a more loyal option than any human sexual partner you are likely to find. Just like my neighbor found out, he was married for 12 years, thought she was the "love of his life", but then he got laid off and was admittedly slacking for a year, and she, who up to then had never worked before, had to get a job and within a year she went from really loving and respectful to downright hateful and abusive that he was a deadbeat leach... and when pointing out that he supported her for 15 years and didn't consider HER a leach during that time... oooh boy, LMAO! But you know what, his dog still loved him and worshiped him and thought he was cool no matter what.

You want companionship? Find a loyal pet.
You want comradery and friendship to share your hobbies with? Find a same-sex friend.
You want someone to clean your house? Find a maid.
You want a sex partner? Find one that is good in bed... she doesn't have to be a maid, chef, love your hobbies, and act like a loyal pet. And if you aren't a 10/10 looking alpha male with millions of dollars and fame, you aren't going to get that unicorn anyway.

Take a step back though...

Can a cat pass a turing test? Can a dog? Do people love their pets?

But speaking of pets, its entirely moot, as you don't have to get sex from the same source you get companionship.

Unless they're robot dogs or robot cats, they aren't eligible for the test...that said, they couldn't pass even if the were allowed to take it. Can't speak/type...pretty much rules them out as being human.

Neoprene skin. Fiber optic vibration. Me and Angelina Jolie licensed replica. I will buy it.

I don't want to fuck a robot...... I want to fuck a girl!!!!! in VR!

This sounds like the next best thing to women having a mute button. Sign me up!

Unless they're robot dogs or robot cats, they aren't eligible for the test...that said, they couldn't pass even if the were allowed to take it. Can't speak/type...pretty much rules them out as being human.
Of course not, but my point was that even though dogs and cats aren't even sentient beings as far as we know, people still love them. Many even have conversations with their dogs, knowing the dog probably only has a vocabulary of six or seven words.

So the point was you don't have to "love" a sex-bot to get great utility from it, and if you did want to make a sex-bot lovable, it wouldn't have to be particularly intelligent nor sentient.

The sex-bot also doesn't even have to look human, which has some advantages. If anyone watches Archer, it could look like Krieger's anime waifu, or a magical wood elf with pale white skin, huge ears, and glowing green eyes, or have a pair one that is made to look angelic with feathered wings and another with horns, a forked tongue, fangs, and bat wings or a Navii cat-smurph with luminescent freckles or whatever those things are called from the movie. That way it could primarily just speak unintelligible alien language or latin or japanese or whatever, and only know a few words of broken English, which would make communication screw ups less noticable to the consumer.

Neoprene skin. Fiber optic vibration. Me and Angelina Jolie licensed replica. I will buy it.
I'll take the 1980 Christie Brinkley design. A sexier model I have yet to see.
brinkley1.jpg

God forbid we try to reduce it by having alternative ways to release those hormones.QUOTE]
You forget. That's one of the primary reasons prostitution and masturbation was treated like a sin and outlawed by the church and societies in the first place. They wanted to encourage sex and of course, make it mandatory that you be married when you have it. That way it makes more people which makes the society grow, and makes more workers for those who are in charge of the tribe/society so labor costs are low. Thousands of years, that concept has worked well. Until now, when you see 'advanced' western type cultures dying out because people are no longer 'forced' to get married to have sex and the resulting children that come of it.
I think the biggest initial draw will be some'one' to have sex with that you can unplug when you're done, roll over, and go to sleep without having a discussion. Oh yeah, and not having all the 'warm up' time while a guy is ready to go already. Every guy has been in the situation where he's in full 'go' mode and she's just not ready yet, or worse, changes her mind right when, as Richard Pryor said, 'his d!ck is hard enough to cut diamonds'.
if this is something battery powered, more energy used will be less battery life, so get your business done quickly! :p
Solar panels on the roof batteries, and an extension cord.
Many even have conversations with their dogs, knowing the dog probably only has a vocabulary of six or seven words..
Holy crap, you've got a dog that talks???
Wouldn't want to be on cleanup duty for that thing, mind you.
Tuesdays are your turn in the barrel. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=in+the+barrel

Looking forward to some epeen loser making fun of the poorfags who owns waifus made by PNY.

Of course not, but my point was that even though dogs and cats aren't even sentient beings as far as we know, people still love them. Many even have conversations with their dogs, knowing the dog probably only has a vocabulary of six or seven words.

I don't disagree (and addressed that in one version of that post, but I guess decided to just stick to Turing and leave the rest out).

Looking forward to some epeen loser making fun of the poorfags who owns waifus made by PNY.

In going to get something waifu as fuck. Just because it will nerd rage someone and because at this point I've banged enough normal that some random "star" has no actual appeal. I'm gonna bang something alien and Japanese as fuck for no other reason than I can.

LOL!

You have to remember that the majority of the human population is female, and they have far more social influence in general than men and will likely see these as a threat and "unionize" public opinion in that direction. So, while I have a feeling that while this will become a huge growth industry that might even be worth getting into, just like it already is in China with the "corpse" cold non-animated sex dolls we have today, it will never reach a mainstream consensus as being a status symbol IMO. Its more likely to be a dirty secret, hidden like grandpa used to hide his Playboy magazines in the closet, not like a sports/luxury-car that you use as a status symbol to measure peens. ;)

For example, the richest ultra-successful males in the country don't usually have a 18 year old supermodel on their hands, because its been made taboo for there to be too great an age difference, and he'd get labeled a "pig" and what not in social circles. So they do the wife/kids thing with an age appropriate woman publicly, and then keep the 18 year old secret on the side, Kennedy style.

And since it will be a bit taboo, I have a feeling that those sharing their "waifu robots" will also likely be supportive safe-space communities, like people sharing pet pictures.

You know, I hadn't really considered this before, but there's no real reason for the sexbot to look human, is there?

None at all. Let's be honest for a moment. If you are even reasonably decent looking, getting a hookup isn't that hard, especially with things like tinder. It takes some work sure, but I've seen some pretty ugly dudes pick up some pretty impressive trim regularly. So with that in mind, normal is boring and easy. If I'm buying a robot it is only to do something weird and different. The advantages should be obvious.

None at all. Let's be honest for a moment. If you are even reasonably decent looking, getting a hookup isn't that hard, especially with things like tinder. It takes some work sure, but I've seen some pretty ugly dudes pick up some pretty impressive trim regularly.
Unless you have crazy game, it still often takes multiple dates for which you front the bill and there are a lot of misses for every successful day fishing and before you know it you realize she has a kid and is desperately trying to rope a provider and becomes extremely clingy and demanding but here's the big thing... you think that just wearing a condom is guaranteed protection? About half of women have herpes, and sure there's dental dams, but it can make you second guess kissing on the mouth if things are going too easy so its catch-22... or catch-herpes, lol! You can creatively deflect, but if you let it loose you're worried she has a gutter mouth, that can ruin the mood as now she's realizing that her perceived high partner count is lowering her sex appeal.

So a robot hooker that takes bleach baths in the future would make a lot of sense for casual sex.

Back