• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Experiences w/ Albatron KX600

Joined
May 3, 2003
Messages
545
I am looking at an upgrade for my computer. I have an Albatron KX600 and a Duron that, unlocked, becomes a pseudo-1900.

I asked a while back what to get in the "Strictly AMD" forum, and they said to go for a 2500+ and OC it to 3000+/3200+ spec and save the money. However, this being about a mid-range board, I'm not sure how well it will o'c. Anyone had experiences with this?
 
KX600pro is great board ....
mine runs very stable and overclocks my 2500+ nicely
i have 4 alby rigs
wouldnt hesitate to buy another
 
Well, I'm glad.

Looks like I'm going for:
2500+ Barton
512MB Corsair PC3200
reccomend a heatsink... or get the stock one with the Athlon for another six bucks?
 
well since you are overclocking, you will want something much better than the stock AMD hsf

I would suggest an SLK900 or similar
 
mine oc's to 2250 easily.
i use a cheap hs (big hs w 80 mil fan)good to about 2.2 ghz no heat issues,any more it gets warm
 
Originally posted by miazmaticdotcom
Well, I'm glad.

Looks like I'm going for:
2500+ Barton
512MB Corsair PC3200
reccomend a heatsink... or get the stock one with the Athlon for another six bucks?

Zalman 7000 Cu if you can afford it, 7000 AlCu is 10 cheaper but still about 35, if you have a good fan and dont mind noise a SP-97 is good, if you absolutly want to save money, a TT silent boost 2
 
Back
Top