• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

experience with illuminated keyboards?

setscrew

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 19, 2000
Messages
1,356
I have grown accustomed to using an illuminated keyboard (this model) for a couple of years now. Unfortunately, the model I currently use has a couple quirks/issues (random 'dead' keys {no feedback}, small size for hands) that has me thinking of a replacement.

I am looking at this keyboard, but would like to have some input on either this model or others that you may have experienced.

TIA
 
I have the saitek PC Gamer's keyboard. Although the keys do not light up, the backlighting does look cool (though i do not use it because my eyes dont like it, and i never look at the keys anyway). But its sturdy, can be raised/lowererd and the wrist rest can be put on or left off. The keys all work well (none of the problems with pressing too many keys). Also, the keypad (9 keys + 2 shift keys) is neat, although i have never used it (but have used saitek programming software in the past, and it works wel.)
 
I just ordered the saitek gamer's keyboard myself after looking around at illuminated keyboards.. most of the illuminated boards feature a compact layout, squishing the numpad, arrow, and word processing keys all together.. I don't like this at all.. at first I looked at the logisys one you linked to, but read some reviews on it, which all had the same opinion.. ok for the price, but it's kinda cheaply made..

then I read reviews on teh saitek, and it seemed to be perfect for me.. full size keyboard.. not a whole lot of useless multimedia buttons.. it has blue leds to light it up.. I actually prefer the way it lights up vs. the whole shining through the keys thing, as I would think it'd be disctracting.. especially since I know how to type, and don't look at the keys..

we'll see how it works when I get it in a few days..
 
I have a Auravision EluminX and I LOVE it. Main reason being the keys are like those on a laptop so I can move my hand around quicker that on a normal keyboard. I've had it about 2yrs and its still as good as the day I got it.
But the price.......arggggg.
 
Thank you for the reply so far.

I have never heard of the Saitek Gaming Keyboard until it was mentioned above. Based on the glowing (no pun intended) reviews at 'Egg, it is worth checking out. I guess if the key lighting becomes an issue, I could always rig up a USB powered LED to illuminate the keys from the front surface to augment the blue LED backlighting on this board.
 
Well stryder2720 , you have had better luck than I have had with the Auravision. Don't get me wrong, the back-lit key are close to perfect; but the random dead (flat, no feed-back) key issue drives me crazy. I bought mine for $99.00 when they first came out, but sent it back for warranty repair (lightng issues) after seven months. If they would just fix the key action, I would buy again regardless of the significant fund allocation for 'just a keyboard".
 
Everyone (Pc gamer, and more) seems to like the saitek keyboard. got it cheap from bestbuy.com (a good amount less than from saitek)
 
Back
Top