Expected Kentsfield availability?

We've heard January so far, is that still expected to be true? I'm drooling over the Q9450 for a Holiday build, but if it's going to be much later than January I might get really impatient and go for the Q6600 instead, which is NOT my first choice. If it's simply Q1, then I suspect I'll be pushed into the Q6600.

I'm receiving a large number of components as holiday (read December birthday and Christmas) gifts. So I'll need CPU, RAM and OS for the new build. I just need to jump on some of these ram deals.

Kentsfield is the one that's already out. You're thinking Wolfdale.

Quick, edit the title!

I was waiting for a Q9450 but who knows for sure when it will be out. I just bought a GO Stepping Q6600 and LOVE IT ! Zipping along at a smooth 3.4 GHZ, 24/7 operation on Air cooling. I'm pretty sure it'll do more but a lil 1 GHZ OC is pretty damn good in my book. :D

I too wonder how availability/price will be. I'm coming to the dark side (Athlon > Intel) and am thinking of the E8500 or Q9300. I wonder if prices will match what firas posted here when released, or if they will be cheaper or more expensive. Additionally, if they will ACTUALLY come out in January:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1031723633&postcount=4

Kentsfield is the one that's already out. You're thinking Wolfdale.

Quick, edit the title!

For the Q9450, wouldn't it be the Yorkfield? :)

I was debating this exact question for quite a while. I was originally planning on building in october, but pushed back to now for the 8800GT.

In the end I decided to pick up and E2180 and have fun overclocking the snot out of it. I'll pick up a penryn after the prices stabilize in the middle of next year. There isn't a ton of gaming performance to be had from quad cores yet, This is a cheap wait-and-see.

Back