Expanding RAM

Harkonnen

n00b
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
13
I am currently looking to expand my 4GB of G.skill ripjaws to 12GB(more than enough for what I do)

But since I bought this stuff 4 years ago I am having trouble finding a new set that won't actually slow my current stuff down. Or if different speed RAM will even make any difference at all.

7dVEC39.jpg


All the new sets I Look at are either slower or have higher latency.

If someone could help me narrow down the closest and cheapest match from ncix.com or newegg.ca I would greatly appreciate it.

PC is Core i5 750, gigabyte p55-ud4p

wooo 13 posts in 8.7 years, brave yourself for post 14 in another 11 months...
 
Last edited:
I would not worry. Latency does not make much of a difference in most real world applications.
 
o boy..mid-binned psc that they stopped making a couple years ago or more.

edit: You may have those post-Hyper Elpida chips or maybe even lower-binned hypers

In which case these would be OK
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-GB-2x4GB-...0769655?pt=US_Memory_RAM_&hash=item1e918a28f7


http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-Skill-PC3...391126?pt=US_Memory_RAM_&hash=item20ed40a896]'

These are most likely same ICs ,you may have to run 1600-ish

I had real bad luck with sticks like this.


I just gotta say this..

IMO..ditch the p55 and get something more modern..Sandy Bridge or newer.
You're probably running about 3.6-8 Ghz..with 1600-ish RAM..1900-ish if you're raping your IMC
..and if you are running 1900-ish..it's not really giving you any more performance.

By the time you get new RAM for That thing, you could have a new Pentium (G3258) and board to OC it with.
It's quite snappy..I have one :)
I haven't tried like..super-heavy games on it yet (i.e. Max Payne 3) but..It does quite nice. ..not sure about super-heavy games, though.
Stalker is no problem for it. :)
 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top