Exoskeleton Game Controller

i would rather have a exoskeleton suit for IRL. preferably in one like the nanosuit from crysis.

I actually have been planning to make and design something similar to this for several years, however the application sadly does not fit FPS games and most likely would be overpriced as hell (like your typical HOTAS system or any other accessory).

I had an idea similar to this but I think mine would work better.

You take an airsoft rifle and put wii remote for tracking and use the front stock to control movement. Also put a button on the stock of your rifle to you have to bring the rifle up to reload. It would just be for FPS but I think it would work.

only impression i got from watching that is, the guy is a jerk

+1

Stop playing and answer the directions. If I was the interviewer, I would have walked away after asking the first question 2 times and say "I guess you're busy :rolleyes:"

It's bulky, can't be comfortable for everyone (different arm sizes) and it looks like it works the same as Natal pretty much...except you don't need to put anything on for Natal.

Honestly, the lengths people will go to just to try and emulate a mouse...sigh.

Put a freaking mouse on the consoles and avoid all this bs. None of these devices work as well as a basic mouse. I think the major breakthrough will simply be a mouse pad you can use from your couch.

Wait, you know what? HardOCP, take the radpadz, put a holder under it which can grab the arm of a couch or chair and put a swivel under the pad so it can rotate up/down (in case you lean back, etc.).

You're welcome, gaming industry.

It's bulky, can't be comfortable for everyone (different arm sizes) and it looks like it works the same as Natal pretty much...except you don't need to put anything on for Natal.

Honestly, the lengths people will go to just to try and emulate a mouse...sigh.

Put a freaking mouse on the consoles and avoid all this bs. None of these devices work as well as a basic mouse. I think the major breakthrough will simply be a mouse pad you can use from your couch.

Wait, you know what? HardOCP, take the radpadz, put a holder under it which can grab the arm of a couch or chair and put a swivel under the pad so it can rotate up/down (in case you lean back, etc.).

You're welcome, gaming industry.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this, or something like it, for sale before:

http://gizmodo.com/245810/splitfish-fragfx-mouse-controller-for-ps3

I have no idea how well it works.

When I was still in the Army, video games was one of the most therapeutic methods (wii of course was a biggy) to get these guys/gals to move their extremities. I see this doing the same though I wouldn't want out vets playing this game, unless they wanted to. Burn patients NEED to move and games just have a tendency to help motivate people.

I like this stuff. Has plenty of potential uses intended and not.

I think it's pretty cool. It would actually give you something to hold instead of holding nothing like natal. Its just looks like it feels more natural like you're holding a gun. I know the Wii and the Sony thing do this... but the Wii still feels odd to me and the new Sony thing doesn't look much better imo. Nobody probably gets what I'm trying to say anyway. Oh well.

Wow someone finally invented a way to interface with a game thats actually SLOWER than a freaking controller.

I see this going well.

either the guy doesn't know how it works or you can't strafe with it. How many times did he get stuck behind something like a blind fool?

Looks to me the guy has no ability to multitask. It shows pretty clear in the video. I don't fault him for it, some people can handle more than one task at a time, others can not.

Aside from that , the response times look to slow for my tastes.

ehh looks cool but I dont think its something I would want to do for long periods of time. Looks like it could get annoying.

Back