exos initial install questions

lozaning

2[H]4U
i just gutted my cases and installed all the exos parts and cut the tube and connected the cpu block and what not and now i am in like the 2 hour of leak testing, i still have some questions though. there are a lot of those little tiny tiny bubbles in the hoses, will those go waya ever? will i be able to install everything back in teh case and cool the cpu well tommorow if there are still some little bubles? also the resavoir/ pumps make this weird gurgaling noise, will this ever go away?

thanks for all the help in advance

The bubbles will go away in time, you can speed up the process by taping on the hoses with something like a small screwdriver or ruler with quick strikes to break them loose while the unit is running. As to the gurling sound that's most likely from air trapped in the rad, try moving the the eos around a bit while it runs to get the air to work it's way out. Make sure to keep and eye on the water level in the reservoir as if it sinks too low it will draw in air and all your work at getting the air out will be in vain. Also keeping the res topped up will ensure that the res will not be a source of water noise.

i am seeing air go down though the outlet hose and into the cpu block. i dont see why the air would be pumped back down again, shouldnt it be traped in the res. the pumps are in the res and i have the res like 1 cm away from beinf all the way full

i have been considering doing that, but how will the air already in the loop escape then?

The trapped air will get pumped back into the res displacing water in there...When I said as full as you can get the res I meant exactly that, the object is to have absolutely no air at all in res although it's patently impossible.

ok so it stoped puming air back to the cpu and the air seams to be collecting in the res now. now the otehr problem that i have is that the pumps/res are still making this awfull gurgaling noise, do you think filling the res up to the top will fix this?

Fill it full then with the Exos running lift it a bit and tilt it around at various angles...

solced the problem, i had to use an old turcky baster to squirt the coolant in while holding the exos at the most randome angle ever. now all i need is for stupid always late ups to deliver my retention clip

Back