• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Exos Fill and bleed ?'s

foolio

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
139
I got my exos al the other day and set it up today, I am having some problems getting all of the air out of the res or atleast full enough so the pump will stop creating air bubbles. Anyone have any tips on how to get as much air out as possible. I tried using the little funnel that comes with it and even went as far as puting a drinking straw in it and tilting the exos up and filling it that way. Hopefully I will figure out a way soon :)
 
You're not going to get all the air out of the reservoir and I don't think it's necessary to do so. Notice that the fill hole is formed into the reservoir a bit and that seems to be where you're supposed to stop. The supply pump is below the water line. If you're hearing air, good, that means it is being bled. Just give it time and tilt your case in different angle to get it all out.
 
the noise I am hearing is not your typical air running through the rad sound, its a current in the res, the output into the res is right at the surface of the liquid and is creating bubbles which are being ran back through the system. I will let it go for a few days and try what you are saying, it is possible that there is a large pocket of air in the rad.
 
well I just tilted the exsos every way I could to try and get air out of the rad, but that didnt help my situatuon in the res, anymore ideas?
 
You will never get all the air out of the res, there will always be air showing in the top of the res when it's running !
Best thing to give yourself some peace of mind is to watch the WB and make sure there is no air passing through it !!
 
There is air that is going through the block. I will have to play with it some more and try to figure out what the deal is.
 
does the air ever go back to the reservoir. if it does then you just need to add more water.... the air has to go somewhere
 
it usually takes about a week from my experience before the air bubble in teh block goes away... it doest seem to hurt the performance at all, temps dont drop when it goes away so i wouldnt worry about it.. it will disappear eventually
 
Back
Top