Exoprimal

Confirmed release on July 14. Will be included with Game Pass.

Open beta next weekend. The same weekend as the Diablo IV beta (RIP).

I liked it, but there are some serious oddities with the game mode they included in the beta. One of the things they did so one team doesn't get steamrolled is give them a serious catchup mechanic in the last PvP round. Your team could be 4 minutes ahead of the opposing team through the PvE portion and then get killed by seemingly nothing in the final round. It is very frustrating. If they want to make sure games are competitive then they need to spread out how the AI makes sure the teams are close before getting to the last round.

All exosuits felt unique and fun to play, but melee classes were OP in the PvP round. The "class" diversity goes out the window in the PvP round. If you're trying to play support or keeping your team healed, you'll contribute to your team losing. At least the game lets you change exosuits on the fly.

I played a few rounds last night. It's interesting. Looks / plays great. staying @120fps (monitor limit) at 3440x1440 maxed out on my 3080. Teams of 5 race to complete objectives, and then you can choose the final round being another )PvE race or PvEvP for bonus XP. There is a pass (have not checked price) that seems to give mostly cosmetics and I think a few weapon unlock speedups.

Back