• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Exhaust Fan mesh

Keith130

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2003
Messages
378
How what would you say a good way to remove the meshy stuff covering the back exhausts on most cases? I was using a drill to make several of the holes bigger only to then realise that there was no way I was going to fit a hacksaw in.
 
if the holes are big enough you might try some tin snips
or a nice pair of wire cutters
 
thats what i did 2 and if you want it a bit better lookin' use a file to make it perfect.
 
What attachment for a dremmel I dont have one but I might be able to get one. I would have used my jigsaw but its like 10 years old and its insane, to it - speed setting 1 = as fast as it can go.

EDIT : Just thought do they make circular saws of 8cm dimeter 'cos that would work wouldn't it?
 
yeah they have holesaws in 80mm they are 2 7/8 (78mm) inches but its gonna set you back 10-15 for the saw and 10-15 for the mandrel
 
Hole saw is my first choice. Dremel with a cut off wheel is second choice. Really depends on the funds available since the hole saws can get pricey.
 
Back
Top