Exhaust duct idea

styckx

Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
846
Was in my attic and came across the empty shell of a older HP I picked up for parts awhile ago, intact still was the duct which was pointed towards the CPU to add alittle fresh air..

My case has 2 80mm intakes in the back right below the exhaust for the psu. I always wondered how much of that heat gets sucked right back into the case. So I adapted it to the back of the PC to duct the psu heat straight up and away from the intakes.

Still needs some sanding, and cutting at the top to remove the excess plastic and painting..

duct.jpg
 
the back of the case if really for exhaust..not intake, and hey if you do use them as intakes its a good idea...and u should also cut out the mesh stuff cause that restrists airflow bigtime.
 
1 thing, heat rises lol nice thought though, a mod is a mod :D
 
I know the back is normally for exhaust, but, in my trial and error rearranging of fans in this PC, I found 2 intakes in the back, 1 exhaust out the top, and 1 exhaust on the bottom front is the best configuration for this case.. It goes beyond all logic but it works..
 
Originally posted by Saint Dymphna
Is that the duct from a dell? I have one of those.... in black though.

SD

No, his is from an HP. I have the exact same one (also nabbed from an HP robbed for parts).
 
nst take that off before people see it.

go from good 9600 modding to that? I'm embarassed :(

lol

its really uneeded, if you feel like keeping it then get black spraypaint ;-)
 
Right, my mistake... HP. Dad passed one off to me awhile back and i tore it apart for the parts. I still have the HD but everything but the mobo is gone now lol.

SD
 
Originally posted by Unoid
nst take that off before people see it.

go from good 9600 modding to that? I'm embarassed :(

lol

its really uneeded, if you feel like keeping it then get black spraypaint ;-)

hahaha...it's not on my computer though... :)

It's actually in a box with the other parts I have.
 
Back
Top