• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

.exe files on Mac?

TBONEU

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 5, 2003
Messages
500
Hi Mac heads,

I'm trying to open an .exe file from 3Dgamers.com (it's a video clip of D&D online). What do I need to open it?

Thanks.
 
You can't, .exe's are executable files. Windows only installers.

You might be able to look at the package contents of it by unzipping it with a utility like StuffIt. But depending on how the video is pieced together through the executable, you still might not be able to watch it.
 
yeah Stuffit didn't work. I wonder if I would have to use Virtual PC?
 
Yes and no. If you use Virtual PC to actually play the video it'll probably be really jerky. The best advise for people who still need to access the occasional windows program or file is to remote into your pc (if you have one) extract the file, then go back to the mac and access the file over your network.
 
nosml said:
Yes and no. If you use Virtual PC to actually play the video it'll probably be really jerky. The best advise for people who still need to access the occasional windows program or file is to remote into your pc (if you have one) extract the file, then go back to the mac and access the file over your network.

I have a PC. Could you point me to the info on how-to set it up?

Thanks.
 
Dang, actually I just got my imac a few months ago, still haven't gotten into any of the internals either, I would be interested in being able to remote from my mac into my pc as well if you could post some info on that.
 
Back
Top