EXCOM Complete Pack

Yippee38

2[H]4U
Steam has got XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack on sale right now for $13. I've heard great things about XCOM since way back when, but I've never played any of them. Looking at the user review ratings for the games included with the pack, it looks like the original EU game was really good, the expansions were pretty good and the Enemy Within was very good. So, should I get the complete pack, or just Enemy Unknown?

Or, should I go back and play some of the original XCOM games (I don't mind playing old games with lousy graphics if the gameplay justifies it)?

Just play the new ones. If you want to play an old one, try Terror From The Deep and get ready to work on your failure coping skills.

I had a hard time getting into the original XCOM games because the graphics are so raunchy. I had no clue what I was doing in the game, there's no tutorial and I never bothered to find the manual.

I have the newer XCOM versions, never loaded them up. I picked them up in the Christmas sale, along with Invisible Inc. after falling in love with Shadowrun: Dragonfall ( turn-based, isometric ).

If you like shadowrun you'll probably get along fine in xcom as the fighting mechanics are similar.

both games are awesome btw

if you enjoy these types of games, don't leave out the oldschool syndicate games.. oldschool bullfrog and damned fun.

I played the old XCOM games when they came out - I was addicted at the time. I think the X-Files was in its first or second season - LoL. Yeah, Terror From The Deep was kind of punishing - LoL.

Shadowrun is awesome!

Wasn't there a Cyberpunk game coming soon as well? I remember seeing a preview for it a while back....

Anyways - as Ocellaris pointed out - just get the newer ones - they have about the same feel as the older ones with updated graphics and goodies.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong...the original is a classic after all ; )

Back