Excited for new Headphones

ShimmyT

Gawd
Well I just pulled the trigger on some Audio-Technica ATH-A900's :) These will be my main gaming headphones as well as being used for music, mostly hip hop and jazz. So hopefully they'll be here within the week :) :) These will be replacing my Icemat Siberia's and my Sennheiser HD497's. YAY!!

Well I just pulled the trigger on some Audio-Technica ATH-A900's :) These will be my main gaming headphones as well as being used for music, mostly hip hop and jazz. So hopefully they'll be here within the week :) :) These will be replacing my Icemat Siberia's and my Sennheiser HD497's. YAY!!
I saw in another thread you received these.

I was wondering how they compare to your Icemat Siberia headset? I have the Icemat headset also, but mine broke recently (the ear speaker totally broke off). I was still debating between getting the Open or Closed Technica headphones.

Do your closed headphones get hot on your ears? That is the main thing I think that would bother me the most.

Actually not too hot. The longest i've used them has been about 2 hours. They do get a lil warm though. I went for the closed just because of the noise isolation, which is phenomenal with these. I'd say go for 'em.

I'll throw in my opinion of these.

They rock.

that is all.

:)

They sound great, are super comfy, and just an overall great piece of hardware. Get them now!

I had decided to order the a700 because I couldn't really afford the a900.

As a warning to others, don't buy from a seller on ebay named ubuycheap. First, he took forever to ship. Second, he shipped the headset in way too small of a box.... the headset box itself is 4-3/4inches in width... he mashed it in a 3" width box. (the headset ear pieces themselves are 4-3/4inches).

And not only that, he shipped me the AD700 instead of the A700 I ordered.

I'm waiting for his reply back. I'm not sure what I'll do now, but I'm not happy one bit with him. Normally I wouldn't buy from someone with the name like ubuycheap... but he has a 99.7% rating with over 24,000 sales).

I had decided to order the a700 because I couldn't really afford the a900.

As a warning to others, don't buy from a seller on ebay named ubuycheap. First, he took forever to ship. Second, he shipped the headset in way too small of a box.... the headset box itself is 4-3/4inches in width... he mashed it in a 3" width box. (the headset ear pieces themselves are 4-3/4inches).

And not only that, he shipped me the AD700 instead of the A700 I ordered.

I'm waiting for his reply back. I'm not sure what I'll do now, but I'm not happy one bit with him. Normally I wouldn't buy from someone with the name like ubuycheap... but he has a 99.7% rating with over 24,000 sales).

I try not to buy from people with way too many sales because they lose track of the customer and you become just another number. I would venture to say that I've received better treatment on ebay from people with 100% feedback and 140 points rather than someone with 99% feedback and 24,000 points.

Anyway, what's done is done.

Try to see if you can get something back from this sale. Beware of the negative feedback because if you leave him one, he'll leave you one also. This is the problem with ebay.... there's no control on this whole feedback system. Technically, sellers are supposed to leave feedback once the buyer does his duty and pays.... but instead they hold it over the buyer just in case the buyer leaves a negative.

Good luck man.

I try not to buy from people with way too many sales because they lose track of the customer and you become just another number. I would venture to say that I've received better treatment on ebay from people with 100% feedback and 140 points rather than someone with 99% feedback and 24,000 points.

Anyway, what's done is done.

Try to see if you can get something back from this sale. Beware of the negative feedback because if you leave him one, he'll leave you one also. This is the problem with ebay.... there's no control on this whole feedback system. Technically, sellers are supposed to leave feedback once the buyer does his duty and pays.... but instead they hold it over the buyer just in case the buyer leaves a negative.

Good luck man.
He did give me an RMA number and apologized. But has ignored my email questions I sent him early this morning. I asked if I would be charged the original shipping charges since they sent me something I didn't order.

I also asked if he would give me a discounted price if I kept them, but he didn't reply to that. So its more likely I'll just mail them back.

I've sold and bought a lot on ebay, and never once have I left negative feedback. I *really* hate to do that. I guess it depends on how this ends with him.

Sorry to air my troubles here, but felt I had to vent a little.

tc17 wrote:
> As a warning to others, don't buy from a seller on ebay named ubuycheap.
> First, he took forever to ship. Second, he shipped the headset in way too
> small of a box.... the headset box itself is 4-3/4inches in width... he mashed
> it in a 3" width box. (the headset ear pieces themselves are 4-3/4inches).
>
> And not only that, he shipped me the AD700 instead of the A700 I ordered.

He did give me an RMA number and apologized. But has ignored my email
questions I sent him early this morning. I asked if I would be charged the
original shipping charges since they sent me something I didn't order.

I also asked if he would give me a discounted price if I kept them, but he
didn't reply to that.

tc17, how did that end? I've been considering getting an ATH A700 from
ubuycheap as they are, well, cheap but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble.

You can get a pair of ATH-AD700 off amazon for 109 , I got mine off a seller named Ben-horse on ebay. i dont know if he has any more left tho.

Back