Guarana [BAWLS]
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Oct 3, 2001
- Messages
- 1,951
Hey guys. I'm trying to figure something out, for a few reasons...
the first one being, to make a point to my supervisor who occasionally get a stick shoved up his ass about certain things and refuses to say he could possibly be wrong.
Well, I know in this case he is wrong, and I just need to show him how to do something.
Sadly, I don't have the time to learn all the ins-and-outs of exchange server before tomorrow morning
Anyways here's the question:
We've got a test network setup, for testing out a brightmail server before we throw it into the real network and flub up the entire company. Easy enough.
Right now one decision we've got to make is this:
1) Give everyone a 'SPAM' folder in outlook, and let brightmail deposit the spam there on the exchange server.
or
2) Set up the LDAP option on brightmail, with a 1 week retention, and have the users log into the server via the web to check it.
Well, my suggestion is: Do the exchange SPAM folder option, but have a cleanup set up on the server to empty out the folder every week of messages more than 7 days old. This is mainly because our users are NOT the brightest. (I have honestly been asked the question 'What's a mouse?' before. Sadly, she wasn't kidding.)
If someone can point me in the right direction, I really want to stick it to him with this, as having the users log in elsewhere will only cause us MORE trouble than its worth...
Thanks for the help!
the first one being, to make a point to my supervisor who occasionally get a stick shoved up his ass about certain things and refuses to say he could possibly be wrong.
Well, I know in this case he is wrong, and I just need to show him how to do something.
Sadly, I don't have the time to learn all the ins-and-outs of exchange server before tomorrow morning
Anyways here's the question:
We've got a test network setup, for testing out a brightmail server before we throw it into the real network and flub up the entire company. Easy enough.
Right now one decision we've got to make is this:
1) Give everyone a 'SPAM' folder in outlook, and let brightmail deposit the spam there on the exchange server.
or
2) Set up the LDAP option on brightmail, with a 1 week retention, and have the users log into the server via the web to check it.
Well, my suggestion is: Do the exchange SPAM folder option, but have a cleanup set up on the server to empty out the folder every week of messages more than 7 days old. This is mainly because our users are NOT the brightest. (I have honestly been asked the question 'What's a mouse?' before. Sadly, she wasn't kidding.)
If someone can point me in the right direction, I really want to stick it to him with this, as having the users log in elsewhere will only cause us MORE trouble than its worth...
Thanks for the help!