Exchange one G.Skill set for another?

gamz247

Gawd
Not much of a difference. Bechmarks on the other hand will notice the difference in timings. Personally, I suggest selling it on these forums, you have more money to get the new RAM.

iSkylla said:
Not much of a difference. Bechmarks on the other hand will notice the difference in timings. Personally, I suggest selling it on these forums, you have more money to get the new RAM.
I'm really just looking for a stable and smooth WoW experience... but a stable and smooth WoW experience at 2.5GHz or 2.75GHz would be even better ;) . That may not be in the cards, since 1. I don't have more than 2 SATA ports, and 2. my AGP/PCI frequency doesn't seem to be locked.

Would getting memory at 2-3-2-5 give me a little more "zing" in World of Warcraft?

I don't understand quite what you are saying....so you wanna overclock to 2.5 or 2.7?---so do it! just use a divider. its been beaten to death but using a divider does not affect performance at all. the only thing you lose is the potential for higher bandwidth (higher frequencies that your memory and cpu run 1 to 1) which is only a tangible thing in things like photoshop, video editing etc. it doesn't matter how you get to 2.5 ghz, as long as you get there. the mhz are more imortant than any small memory OC's.

Back