Exchange in Vmware player

jcg624

Limp Gawd
I am not sure if this is the correct forum but the problem is
inside a virtualized environment.

I have a domain server a replica of it and a win 7 in vmware player

I am unable to get exchange server installed it fails at the mailbox role.

little background. the first time I tried it I didn't have all the pre-requisites installed

I do now and the replication to and from the domain is working just fine.

The error says something about authentication failed. when and where is the authentication supposed to occurr

Could you post more detail of the error log? Perhaps the exact detail? What version of Exchange? What Windows Server OS? etc etc.

Did you do all of the setup /ps /pl etc prep with a user who is an enterprise admin? Basically provide us with more info if you would.

It is server 2008 R2 standard 64 bit. Exchange server 2007

The mailbox role fails and gives an access denied error message.

You installing as enterprise admin and schema admin? Or just installing as domain admin, which i don't think works.

try adding yourself to enterprise and schema and try it again. Does it give an error number or anything when it fails.

How would I add myself. Yes it does but I don't know what it is.

The server version is 2008 R2 standard

learn active directory first i think.

Log into the Domain Controller as a domain admin, add the groups Enterprise Admin and Schema Admin to your user.

The exchange management console is installed. I have logged on as the administrator and the mailbox role still fails.

You need to be domain, schema, and enterprise admin. IIRC, administrator is only domain admin by default.

Make a new user, join them to "Domain Admins", "Enterprise Admins", "Schema Admins", and see if the install will work then (logged in as the new user).

Back