Exchange GAL to Public Contact Folder

Manu

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone-

I was wondering if anyone had a way to automate the GAL information being exported to a public contact folder.

We use a mobile messaging service (GoodLink) that doesn't show GAL information, so our Company Dirctory is kept in the GAL as well as a Public Folder.

Our intranet uses LDAP queries to grab the data from the GAL, but I am unsure of a way to automate the population of a Public Folder.

Any ideas?

Manu said:
Hey everyone-

I was wondering if anyone had a way to automate the GAL information being exported to a public contact folder.

We use a mobile messaging service (GoodLink) that doesn't show GAL information, so our Company Dirctory is kept in the GAL as well as a Public Folder.

Our intranet uses LDAP queries to grab the data from the GAL, but I am unsure of a way to automate the population of a Public Folder.

Any ideas?

Bump. I could benefit from this information too.

In my searching, I am finding a lot of manual methods for doing this, but even if it was something that didn't live update, but did could be run as a scheduled task, so nightly we could update it...

Umm, upgrade all your users devices when the FP for WM5.0 comes out to enable push-mail and such for Exchange SP2. It also allows GAL searches from the device.

LittleMe said:
Umm, upgrade all your users devices when the FP for WM5.0 comes out to enable push-mail and such for Exchange SP2. It also allows GAL searches from the device.

Right, well, blackberries 957, Treo 600s, and Treo 650s don't support WM 5.0...so unless you can cut me a check for the 10-20K I'd need to upgrade everyone...im out of luck.

Back