Exchange and Pop3

raksasas

Limp Gawd
We run an MS Exchange but we have a computer that sends information with Department of Public Safety and the software on that computer requires a POP3 setup. I can't figure out to set it up for pop3 when we are using a Exchange.

any information on how to do this would be great

Thanks

Are you running 2000 or 2k3?
In either case the Pop3 connector is under the Virtual Servers tab. It's disabled by default.

What exactly are you trying to do? Does the program need to access an Exchange mailbox in your compnay via Pop3? That's very doable.

2k3
Does the program need to access an Exchange mailbox in your compnay via Pop3? That's very doable.

Yes

raksasas said:
We run an MS Exchange but we have a computer that sends information with Department of Public Safety and the software on that computer requires a POP3 setup. I can't figure out to set it up for pop3 when we are using a Exchange.

If using Outlook XP or earlier..an easy option is just setup a POP3 Internet Account within Outlook...have it deliver mail to the Exchange users mailbox.

I've only dealt with the POP3 Connectors that are built into the Exchange in SBS..not vanilla Exchange.

YeOldeStonecat said:
If using Outlook XP or earlier..an easy option is just setup a POP3 Internet Account within Outlook...have it deliver mail to the Exchange users mailbox.
Not possible. No free email services.

raksasas said:
Not possible. No free email services.

How does this software interface then? No piggy back on a mapi compliant client?

Or does it only send to an e-mail account, and need SMTP services?

It's whats called a Livescan for finger prints the software that runs it send it via email containing the finger prints to DPS then DPS machine responds back via email saying it got it. But the newly hired network admin for the City can't figuer out how to set it up properly. He made the username and password created an email account and as he put it we don't use pop3, we use Exchange.

Back