Exchange 2010 Mailbox Question

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
Is it possible to scan and fix a corruption in one mailbox on an Exchange 2010 server? I have one user who is having a reoccurring issue in Outlook. We use Cached Exchange Mode, and every 2-3 weeks, we're deleting her .ost file and letting it redownload. She'll be fine for a little while, then the system starts hanging up. The Inbox Repair Tool will also work (roughly doing the same process) and it always reports errors. I'm thinking the corrupt files/e-mails are on the server, so redownloading her copy just brings the issue back.

So is it possible to perform a process similar to the Inbox Repair Tool, but on the server side? I have full admin rights to the server, so I should be able to do anything that's needed.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Looks like only the specific user's mailbox is temporarily disrupted. That's perfect, because she's off today and I have her laptop on my desk.

I ran the following command, and it gave me a tabled output confirming the information, but then it ended rather quickly. I was expecting some kind of answer or status as to what it found, unless I did something wrong. The command only ran for a second or so.

New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox [email protected] -CorruptionType ProvisionedFolder,SearchFolder,AggregateCounts,Folderview

What have you done to narrow it down to a server side issue? Have you reimaged the PC?

Yes, completely reimaged the PC, plus the issue was present in Office 2007 and then again after the reimage and a clean install of Office 2013 (365).

You could export the mailbox to PST, then delete it, then re-import the pst.

Back