Excellent Dream Machine??

My Dream Machine: SubTotal: $5,601.33

Which liguid cooling system should I use for this system?

Case: Thermotake Armor Black Aluminum/Steel ATX Full Tower
Mobo: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 nForce 4
PSU: Thermaltake Silent Pure Power 680 watt
Processor: AMD Athlon FX57San Diego 1GHZ FSB socket 939
Memory: Corsair XMS DDR SDRAM, DDR 400 (4 GB)
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX 256 MB (x2)
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro
Media Drives: Sony Black IDE DVD Burner model DW-D26A BLK - OEM
Hard Drives: Seagate Barracuda 400 GB 7200 RPM... Western Digital Raptor 74 GB at 10,000 RPM (x2)
Screens: CRT: ViewSonic P220F Beige 22 inch, 15 pin....... LCD: ViewSonic VE710S Silver 17"inches, 16 MS response
Keyboard: Saitek Gamer's Keyboard PZ08A

LIQUID COOLED (not in the price)

Windows XP 64-bit professional

Would use:
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
Zonet PCI to USB card
Koutech PCI tp Parallel port card module
Koutech PCI to 1394a
(4) OCZ DDR Booster Diagnostic Device
Generic, 4 inch, 18 LBS, Black, 100 Pieces/pack CABLE TIE

Not trying to be a vigilante-moderator, but shouldn't this go in water cooling or general hardware?

I guess it is if you want it.....but I wouldn't buy a few things on that list. Like how are your going to fit 4 DDR boosters unless they have gotten a lot smaller than I remember or the ram slots are miles apart on that board. Wouldn't touch the PSU with a 10 foot pole for that system since it is nowhere near the quality of others at the price. And wouldn't touch the case either cause well IMO it is fugly.

lol, i wanan see u buy it, u can build a great system for MUCH MUCH less oc it...............and bingo,

air2k5 said:
lol, i wanan see u buy it, u can build a great system for MUCH MUCH less oc it...............and bingo,

Listen to this man. Although, I would like to add one more "MUCH" in there. You can't go wrong when you build your own machine.

Good Luck :D

icehokplyr said:
Listen to this man. Although, I would like to add one more "MUCH" in there. You can't go wrong when you build your own machine.

Good Luck :D
i agree, damn my dream machine would cost around the smae, but in reality unless i was making $10per hour i wouldn't buy it. and it seems like he is going to

$10 per hour still isn't getting you a rig like that, trust me.

At 40 hours a week, that's $20,800 a year, which is hardly anything anymore, unless you're still living in your parents' basement.

CellBlock said:
$10 per hour still isn't getting you a rig like that, trust me.

At 40 hours a week, that's $20,800 a year, which is hardly anything anymore, unless you're still living in your parents' basement.
ahhh,l i meant $100 srry :(

Back