Excel question

$trider

Weaksauce
TIA,

I can find plenty of answers about how to take data from multiple worksheets and combine them into one... but taking data from one and sending it to others seems to be a little harder to find. I've tried googling it and haven't had much luck in finding answers. I may be wording my query on this topic wrong though. So I come to the HardOCP gurus for guidance once again. This is what I'm trying to do.

I work in a machine shop and I have multiple jobs that I need to track. I want to put all the information for the jobs in one worksheet and then have a worksheet for each month. I just want to send the jobs by month to the corresponding months worksheet. Basically i just want copies of that information from the main sheet in the month worksheets so data only has to be entered in one place. I have to keep it simple so my less computer savvy coworkers can use it. I have a little bit of experience with VBA so with some guidance i think i should be able to muddle my way through it.

Anyways thanks for any help

Without knowing how your sheets are set up, some one-line reference material:
Code:
ThisSheet = ActiveSheet.Name <- Remember which page you started on
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add <- Add a new page
ActiveSheet.Name = "MonthName" <- Name the new page
Sheets(ThisSheet).Activate <- Go back to your original page so you can see all the date
for Range("MonthName!A1").value="Whatever" <- Will set the value of cell A1 in the sheet you created.

I have it set up like this:

job# , description, material, thickness , predicted time/in min , due date, finished date

all as column headers with data in the rows. I know this is not a simple thing to explain to someone with little programming experience and i'm not looking for someone to tell me exactly what to do just point me in the right direction. I'm more than willing to do the legwork just not sure exactly where I need to look for answers on this one. I'm reading some excel vba books right now and trying to wrap my head around it.

Assuming all the worksheets are saved in the same workbook file, you can create links between them quickly with simple mouse action. You probably already know what happens when you click other cells when setting up a cell's equation, so referencing the other sheets is as simple as doing that same thing by clicking the tab and following to the cell you wish to reference.

Back