• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Excel question

nomak

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 20, 2004
Messages
419
I have a spreadsheet made to atumatically figure my hours for the day and week once I input the times I clock in and out each day... Is there a way I can also add a function to show the present day, month, and year and that auto updates with its respective day of the week ?? thanks,.,.



DAY Time In Lunch Hrs Time Out Total Hrs

MONDAY 6:45 AM 1.5 5:00 PM 8.75

TUESDAY 6:45 AM 0.5 4:15 PM 9.00

WENSDAY 6:30 AM 0.5 4:30 PM 9.50

THURSDAY 6:45 AM 0.5 4:00 PM 8.75

FRIDAY 7:00 AM 0.5 3:30 PM 8.00

SATURDAY 7:00 AM 0 11:00 AM 4.00

SUNDAY 7:00 AM 7:00 AM 0.00

48.00



heres an example of what I have presently but would like to insert a column at the end of the total hrs for each day that specifys the current date for that day.. is this possible ?? thanks,,,
 
I added that but it remains the same date for every day.. I want it for instance on todays row to displays todays date and on tommorows row tommororws date and so on and update from week to week automatically or with minimal input if possible..thanks
 
It sounds like your best bet might be to fill in todays date manually and drag that down for the following days. Excel is good about recognizing a series for dates, months, etc. If you've got a large spreadsheet that goes on for several weeks, you can drag down for all those future weeks, and it should populate the dates. If you're reusing the same 7 day spreadsheet week after week, you'll have to manually change it every week, but you can drag to fill in the series, so it's not too much hassle.
 
well you can do =today() in A1 then

=A1+1 in A2 to give the next day then drag forumla down

if you want it to do just weekdays you will have to do +3 to skip sat and sun

 
Back
Top