Excel question regarding 'Workbook list'

Bird222

[H]ard|Gawd
I have to open several workbooks at once (like maybe 20). When I do the list of files are listed vertical when I hover over the 'excel' icon on the taskbar. I'll make a change to a workbook and then close it. When I get down to about 10 workbooks, the listing changes from vertical to horizontal with little preview windows. Does anybody know how to disable this behavior and just keep the vertical list of files? This is on Excel 2016 btw.

Sounds like the Combine taskbar buttons option. You probably have it set to "When taskbar is full"

Sounds like the Combine taskbar buttons option. You probably have it set to "When taskbar is full"
Thanks. This is related to that option. None of the changes do what I want though. Currently when more than 14 workbooks are open the list is vertical. 14 or less it changes to horizontal with preview windows. Surely there is a place in the registry where you can change this value to 1 or something to keep the list vertical?

Thanks. This is related to that option. None of the changes do what I want though. Currently when more than 14 workbooks are open the list is vertical. 14 or less it changes to horizontal with preview windows. Surely there is a place in the registry where you can change this value to 1 or something to keep the list vertical?
Should be an "always combine" option. Was such an option on XP, anyway...I think.

Back