• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Excel 2010 - Cell Stuck Open on Inaccessible Workbook

stim

n00b
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
49
So I have done this to myself a few times and haven't been able to back out of it cleanly. I always end up having to kill all my Excel processes and open things up again.

My issue is:
  1. I F2 into a cell to modify the contents.
  2. I click on another window for some reason
  3. I switch back into excel (onto a different Workbook)
  4. I am unable to switch between workbooks or use the menu because the cell is still stuck open

If I was in the correct workbook I could just [esc] to deactivate the cell, but in this case whenever i switch back into the program I am locked on the Book I clicked back in to.

I'ts odd because:
  1. I can edit cells in the new book just fine
  2. my toolbar items are grayed out and unusable

Any thoughts on a way to deactivate the cell on a workbook I can't get to?
 
nevermind.

It seems to be a different issue where I try to open a workbook with the same name while the cell is open.

I'm just going to kill the process and start over.
 
Back
Top