• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Exact Audio Copy...a couple ?s

DigitalMP

Gawd
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
861
First, is it possible to rip a CD as one track using this application? I am aware that others will, but I am virtually hooked on the pristine quality that EAC produces.

How do I rip to MP3? Do I simply click the MP3 button on the left? LAME is configured as my encoder, but even when I select "copy" > "as compressed", WAVs are still saved.
 
Yes.

Compression options have to be configured under the "EAC" tab, "Compression Options" menu item.
 
I can't find an option to extract the CD as one file. It's a DJ set that was tracked with a CUE sheet.

I know that I could join it with HJSplit, but doing that in the past has created problematic ID3 tags, so I would rather rip it as one track.

As for compressing during extraction, I've had the Compression Options preconfigured, but it still only extracts as WAVs. Am I missing something?
 
Okay, I think I figured it out. Most of it...

To rip CD as one single track: Action > Create CUE Sheet > Single WAV file...

To rip as MP3, I simply click the MP3 button, I assume. But is there a way to rip as one single MP3 track?

I can always encode it after I rip it as a WAV, using RazorLame, but if there's a way to do it, I'm going to freakin find it ;D
 
DigitalMP said:
To rip CD as one single track: Action > Create CUE Sheet > Single WAV file...

alright, this is wrong. i thought it would create a CUE sheet AND rip to a single WAV file, but it just makes the CUE sheet.

anyone?
 
I figured out how to rip to one track...

Actions > Write Image > Compressed

(I may have the second selection worded wrong)

but it still rips as WAV, even though LAME is configured properly. How do I configure EAC to encode the WAV in this procedure?
 
Back
Top