EX58-UD5 not seeing pcie cards in 4/8/16x slots.

Sojuuk

2[H]4U
I just purchased a D-Link DWA-556 wireless card for my desktop. It's PCIe 1x and the 1x slot on my board is blocked by a silly heatsink. I figured no problem use the 4x slot just below it but when I put the card in the slot the computer completely doesn't see it. No new devices of any sort. I tested the card in a computer that already has an identical card installed and it works fine there.

So I decided to try a newer bios. I got a beta bios from gigabyte (F13j) and now the card can be seen but there are latency issues with the PCI slots and the soundcard basically is useless. This is something I cannot stand so I went back to the F12 bios and again the wireless nic is completely invisible to windows.

It seems to me that for whatever reason gigabyte has limited what the PCIe slots can be used for in the bios. I tried different revisions of that F13 bios f-m and none of them would even see the card except F13j. This is really strange to me and I was hoping someone had some knowledge on this problem PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a setting somewhere in the bios I am unaware of.

Hmm.. that is interesting.

What about F13q?

Make sure you reload Optimized Defaults after flashing.

Hmm.. that is interesting.

What about F13q?

Make sure you reload Optimized Defaults after flashing.

that bios does also see the network card, however, it has the same hugely bad DPC latency as all other F13 bios. As far as I can tell gigabyte refuse to admit this is a problem.

reinstalling windows fixed it....................... I hate computers.

edit: Now it's gone again after installing windows updates. I hate computers.

Last edited:
Back