EVO 4G Anyone else buy the hotspot package

RagingSamster

2[H]4U
It is month to month - I bit just to test it out, but I might keep it

89936901.jpg

This test was done on my laptop connected to the EVO via WPA2 inside a building away from windows ( normally 4G sucks more inside due to the higher frequency)

I'm not going to game with it - or VOIP, but for remote tech assistance on the side of the road, it beats EDGE

Edited to remove Domain - it grabbed it from the laptop (work PC)

Last edited:
It is month to month - I bit just to test it out, but I might keep it

89936901.jpg

This test was done on my laptop connected to the EVO via WPA2 inside a building away from windows ( normally 4G sucks more inside due to the higher frequency)

I'm not going to game with it - or VOIP, but for remote tech assistance on the side of the road, it beats EDGE

Edited to remove Domain - it grabbed it from the laptop (work PC)

Root, Wireless Tether for Root, done. No added cost.

That was 4G, but only 2 bars - again inside a building so the signal strength suffered

I've heard that with root you lose 4G access, I don't mind the extra cost especially when I can turn it off ( not tied to contract) at will.

That was 4G, but only 2 bars - again inside a building so the signal strength suffered

I've heard that with root you lose 4G access, I don't mind the extra cost especially when I can turn it off ( not tied to contract) at will.

Nah, you don't lose 4g.

You don't lose anything at all. If nothing else you should try the Unrevoked root. Quick and painless.

Back