eViL_M@LuM's Farewell Thread "mods forgive please"

Status
Not open for further replies.

eViL_M@LuM

Crosshair's Nephew
Hey everyone. I'm about to embark on a journey in my life. I leave Tuesday Jan. 6th, 2004 to report to Ft. Leonardwood, Missouri for Basic Training in the US Armed Forces.
Then I leave for Ft. Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas.

I know this doesn't belong here but this is where I know everyone on the forums, so I'll take my chances. I want to thank all of you that I know and hope you have a safe 6months to come during my departure. I've made many friends here at the [H]ard and I plan on keeping in contact with a few by mail during my leave. Maybe the mods can keep this as a sticky and those i keep in contact with can keep everyone up to date.

I'm posting now so that I can see some reply's before I leave.

Hope everyone had a fun and safe new year.

Hey everyone, today's the big day I'm going down to nasheville to leave tomorrow morning. My girlfriend is really torn up over this, if you could please send her some words of encouragement. [email protected] is the email she'll be checking for me while i'm gone. Thanks

eViL,

You are a prominet figure in this and many other forums and I believe I can speak for everybody when I say, "God speed, good lcuk, keep your chin up but your head down and you must let us know how you are progressing through your tranning."

I can't say when I will be traversing through San Antonio again but I will try to keep in touch that way we can maybe shake hands one day.

Be good, but if you can' be then be good at it! :)

I just joined, so I dont know you, but good luck.

What exactly does "god speed" mean? Its used alot, but I just dont understand?

May the [H] wish you luck... I used to live in San Antonio,Texas for 6-7 Years as a young kid.. Best place ive been... Good people that lived by me..

I Wish you luck as you fight for America.

Originally posted by Scorcher
I just joined, so I dont know you, but good luck.

What exactly does "god speed" mean? Its used alot, but I just dont understand?

GODSPEED
Pronunciation: 'gâd'speed

WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [n] a successful journey; "they wished him Godspeed"

See Also: success

Webster's 1913 Dictionary

Definition: \God"speed`\, n.
Success; prosperous journeying; -- a contraction of the
phrase, ``God speed you.'' [Written also as two separate
words.]

Like i said before bro .. watch out for the tree going out the back door :D

Thanks guys, and I believe I'll remember that tree :D

Matt I have yours and Shanes address you'll prolly be one of the guys i keep in contact with on the forums.

Thanks for all the support guys.

Just try not to laught too much when the Drills "smoke" you. It just adds to it!!! Really, Basic is not hard at all. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. Pretty much that way all through out the Armed Forces. Hurry up and wait for the big iron bird. Have fun!

bump for my best friend leaving man i going to miss him
well good luck man. i know will be fun but hard. so see u when u get back k :D

Originally posted by Ray5150Ray
Just try not to laught too much when the Drills "smoke" you. It just adds to it!!! Really, Basic is not hard at all. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. Pretty much that way all through out the Armed Forces. Hurry up and wait for the big iron bird. Have fun!

Yup, that's the truth, but it still sucks at times, especially right after exodus when you just got done living a regular life for a while :p

Hey Steve glad to hear your getting out of kentucky for a bit. Funny but i just got back from texas on the 1st...went there to visit the family....passed right thru SA on my way to kerrville....Lemme tell you buddy the weather is NICE down there right now....I was wearing shorts and a Tshirt most of the time....got back to kentucky and its cold and raining...what else is new? :D Anyway good luck and I hope everything works out! -Rob

I was in the Army for 6 years, 2 conflicts, Somalia & Haiti. A couple of overseas tours as well, Germany and Korea. It was a great experience and one that i'll never forgot.

I'm gonna give you one word of advice. Keep your mouth shut, do as your told and by the time the 4th week or so of Basic is over and they forget your name..then you know your doing a good.

Good luck, godspeed.;)

I don't know you personally, but good luck, and thank you for serving this great country of ours :cool:

I would say ..."go break a leg kid ..." ..but I think that would be inappropriate...:p

so instead I'll just say , be safe ..and appreciate you serving your country in the capacity you have chosen..

'Salut!'

good luck eViL and may you have much luck in your new venture of life, you were one of the best traders i have ever seen.

Originally posted by smcinsjc
Terrible pay. terrible treatment. College money maybe?

Good luck to you.

I didnt' join for the college money, and the treatment of soldiers is not bad. The training we're subjected to is to better our mentality and to help us build courage so if the time comes we wont hesitate to pull the trigger. The person who hesitates is the person who is killed. We're trained to be strong, be smart and be able to adapt to any situation. I personally joined to serve my country and to help give my life some purpose and direction. Thats why I enlisted.

Thanks to everyone for your support, the forums will be greatly missed while I'm away. Looks like people will need a new loan officer :D "for those that dont know what that means, I'm the guy that loans people money via paypal. Then never asks for it back."

Evil, I speak for alot of people in my area when I saw thankyou for keeping a great country great. Good luck, eat some dirt, dont choke, then kick some ass :)

Hey everyone, I leave tomorrow, orders say report to the Maxwell House hotel in Nasheville by 6pm at which sunday moring i'll report to meps station and be giving my flight number and ticket information. I appreciate all the support i'm recieving it'll make life a bit easier knowing people respect what i'm doing.

The hotel has a pc i can use while i'm there, I'll post at least one last time before I leave. You all have a great day.

I edited the first post, please read. I wish the best of luck to all of you during my departure.

good luck and have a safe trip.. see you when you get back! :D

Dammit, you gotta go huh? Gonna miss ya dude.

Give em hell eViL_M@LuM!

i may not have done trade w/ you, but i see ur a good person so i wish you good luck!!

**EDIT**

Since he has gone as of this afternoon and will no longer be responding to this thread it is now closed. :) MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back