EVGA's upgrade program 680i to 780i - slow processing upgrades

Yeah I know, damn motherboard box and contents took off and left me, I guess there just wasn't enough love. :(

It is still 15-percent right?

15$ is nothing considering the time it would take me to find the cables and the rest of the junk that came with the board. Most of my sata cables are actually in my media center pc.

I lost my box and all of its contents, afraid it may have been thrown away by accident after it was left over at a friend's house. When I get the 780i and the box, I will keep better track of it.

Well i thought the queue would move some but hasn't budged in week. Soooomebody needs some more indians me thinks ;)

I never did recieve any confirmation email from EVGA that i was in the upgrade queue, just hadda login and check.

I just got an email from the RMA department.
I started the 680 to 780 upgrade last week.

Wow, I just went to Queue # 0

So I was just approved for the 780i upgrade. Just mailed my 680i in today, hopefully get the new 780i by next week.

EVGA = ftw!

(I'm just glad they started processing these faster)

I'm in at over 2K myself.

Just traded a friend of mine for his 680i and Step-Up, so I'm around 1K on that one as well.

Haha my upgrade matured and went, I cancelled it, they still charged my card-- which I am going to have to dispute.

Reasons:

1. Memory controller problems reported still when running 1066 and 4 sticks
2. No significant improvement from 680i.

Can anyone comment on how long they were in queue by posting their initial Queue # and the time it took to get the email?

I've been sitting a while and I get a smartass tech from EVGA telling me:
-----------------------------------------
My Question:

I signed up for the upgrade program over a week ago and was curious what is the general time frame that I will be in queue. Are you missing anything from me? shouldn't be as I previously had provided my receipt on my original board and the RMA board came from you so no receipt. Let me know if anything is missing and if not if you have any idea about what timeframe I might see a board or what time frame is average or whatever info you can provide. Thank you,
----------------------------------------
EVGA's response

Answered By Steve C (2/18/2008 10:46:18 AM): If you are upgrading to a backordered product then you will recieve an e-mail when that product becomes available and that e-mail will also include the steps on how to continue and what would be needed at that time. Thank You, EVGA Tech Support
--------------------------------------------

Yeah gee I didn't gleem that from the email or the status page... So if anyone can relay their experience with this maybe I can figure out when if at all I'm going to get a mobo. I'm 1919 in queue at the moment.

Things started to move quicker and moved about 450 positions in about 10days. but now its been almost 2 weeks and no movement on the queue :( i'm still in the 4 digits

at this rate it may be June before i get the 780i board back, ugh...

It moves slow, once you get to about 100 they contact you to start sending your board in IIRC.

I'm at 1071 in the queue. I signed up in January. A buddy of mine who signed up near the end of December should be receiving his today. He sent it in last week and it took them about a day to turn it around. He didn't have all of the parts but he did have the box and they didn't charge him. I opted for 2nd day air for my board. I tossed my box after about a month because it didn't seem like it was worth keeping at the time. I do have the rest of the parts except for a couple of SATA cables that were broken at the time of purchase. I'll include a note about that, hopefully they don't try to make me pay %15 or whatever it is over a damn box and two SATA cables.

I finally got the 780i delivery today!!! Weeeheee.. $350 board for $89 = ftw

It took lets see, I entered the program on 12/20

Longer than expected, but hey I guess I can't complain... good deal.

Thanks EVGA :D

very nice. grats motley :)

kinda funny, i've been at just slightly over 1200 all week and then all a sudden today i'm at 1290ish. we workin backwards here? doh lol
Edit: now i see i'm in the 700's. went up then went down that much in one day? /shrug

I have looked at a few of the guys that say they have moved in que, we have been moving these and everyone is dropping in the que numbers.

if you see that you have a higher queue number please send me an email so I can look at your case.

Thanks
Joe
[email protected]

I have two boards, #29 on one and 12xx on the other... (Registered at different times.)

Ya the queue is really moving now! I went from #758 to #405 this week. I am also hearing now, on the evga boards, that the turn-around time when they receive your 680i... is same day.
Well isn't that just dandy, while I sit at 1071 for weeks on end. :p

Over the past few days I moved a spot each day, last night I went from 1069 to 1174(or thereabouts)!!!

Mr Haxor, whaddup wit dat? Seriously though, why did I move backwards in the queue?

Everyone,

I am not sure why you see this, i have looked a few accounts and everyone is moving down in queue. if you can send me a screen shot so I can review and try to figure out why your account shows this

Thanks
Joe

Everyone,

I am not sure why you see this, i have looked a few accounts and everyone is moving down in queue. if you can send me a screen shot so I can review and try to figure out why your account shows this

Thanks
Joe
Ok, I just checked and I'm 601 (plunger effect there? up before down?). Yippie!

I was really hopin they would get the new board back in the mail and on its way the same day or the next day they got the 680 board back like i've been reading. Mine got back there thursday but looks like it got blown off and is going to sit all weekend.
bahhh

PS. everyone who told me the 790 board would be out before i got my upgrade board was dead on.....

I received my 780i yesterday. Thier system is screwed up. The website still shows my order as ready to ship. The nice folks at EVGA must rely on that because they said the same thing when I called. It was pretty funny, they say it will ship Friday night when in fact it had already shipped on Wednesday (UPS left a VM alert on my home phone).

Anyways, the board is awesome, as in the thing works properly. I can OC my quad to 3.5 Ghz at 1.3v and so far it's running Prime95 without a problem. I couldn't get past stock with this chip and the 680i not to mention the really strange behavior during boot and it's tendancy to burn up ram on occasion.

My next step is to see if I can mix up the ram on this board. I have 2X2GB sticks of GeiL installed and I want to add my extra 2X1GB sticks of Crucial Ballistix 1066 memory.

Now all I need is to get my 9800GX2 back from them and I'll be a REALLY happy camper. I'm using a 9600GT loaner for now.

I received my 780i yesterday. Thier system is screwed up. The website still shows my order as ready to ship. The nice folks at EVGA must rely on that because they said the same thing when I called. It was pretty funny, they say it will ship Friday night when in fact it had already shipped on Wednesday (UPS left a VM alert on my home phone).

wish that was the case for me, its been "Preparing to Ship Product " for 7 days now and no action at all. I've called evga beginning of this week and i found out it wasn't shipped, it should have been and they don't know why.... They said give it a couple days and call again. I called again today and found out that nothing has been done they're not sure why, this time their placing an urgent flag on it. in the meantime another weekend goes by without my board, and since its ground shipping (which i was not able to change) I was figuring 3 weeks for the entire process from soup to nuts , at this point i think it will end up being more like 5 weeks.....

Everyone was nice and polite at eVGA so far, have no issues there....
EDIT: for the record i'm not angry, just anxious

Sent in my board in last Friday and I received it on Thursday. They received it on Monday. The board is nice, looks to be built well.

Back