EVGApes

402blownstroker

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Nov. 2012
What is that?!??! Who/what that is is producing a butt load of points for evga. Over the last day, it has churned out a lot of points and WUs:

Code:
05.17, 12pm 	1,223,988 	242
05.17, 9am 	633,251 	229
05.17, 6am 	1,366,824 	224
05.17, 3am 	587,282 	190
05.17, 12am 	890,871 	190
05.16, 9pm 	1,996,631 	178
05.16, 6pm 	851,395 	159
05.16, 3pm 	437,716 	180
05.16, 12pm 	1,080,980 	194
05.16, 9am 	1,447,308 	152

That is the combined user name for everyone on the EVGA Chips Challenge team

Yeah if you look at everyone else on EVGA, you will see their averages dropping if they have decided to join in

What is that?!??! Who/what that is is producing a butt load of points for evga. Over the last day, it has churned out a lot of points and WUs:

Code:
05.17, 12pm 	1,223,988 	242
05.17, 9am 	633,251 	229
05.17, 6am 	1,366,824 	224
05.17, 3am 	587,282 	190
05.17, 12am 	890,871 	190
05.16, 9pm 	1,996,631 	178
05.16, 6pm 	851,395 	159
05.16, 3pm 	437,716 	180
05.16, 12pm 	1,080,980 	194
05.16, 9am 	1,447,308 	152

CC and they are in 5th right now
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqJjQktZy8GkdFFlSjctandWTmNuSkhrSVFSZVFxOWc#gid=6

OCforums/T32 is in first and we are fending off OCN who is in 2nd

If any of the of the member here want to Help Team 32 we would be more than honored to have such great folders join us.

info to join us is
name: T32monkeys
team: 32
passkey: 3311d92fd7ee331bd66dfe6eea01708b

How do the points work this year? It makes a change to just looking at points and WUs finished, I have to say.

How do the points work this year? It makes a change to just looking at points and WUs finished, I have to say.

from OCforums http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7191978&postcount=4
Scoring for the CC is a bit more complex than usual. It breaks down like this:

1) Points category - raw points given by Stanford divided by one million. 100 Million points will give our team 100 racing points in the "Points" category.

2) Growth category- is a comparison with our CC results in the same period, from last year, in percent. If we're 20% higher than last year during the same time period, then we get 20 points in the Growth category.

3) Conversion category - the percent of our team's points than are produced by our racing name. This is where we need to have ALL our members to have a good score.

Now the fun starts:

Each category will be "ranged" - that is, subtract the lowest number in the category, from the highest number, That is the range for that category. Race points are then given by the equation: race points = (points * 100)/range

Now, the lowest score is subtracted from the range of the above total scores, and 10 is added to each score.

Finally, team total scores should be in the 10-110 range!

Whew!

The point of all the above, is to even out the handicap system, so it doesn't favor the big teams, and it doesn't favor the small teams either.

In my very brief testing, this actually favored the big teams, but it's on the right track, statistically.

Being realistic, OCN and EVGA are so race oriented, that it would be unlikely that any fair system would keep them out of at least a strong ranking in the Chimp Challenge.

It's funny, after all the discussion and objection, I couldn't convince Team EVGA but it seems I convinced other teams because they ended up using my proposal for points calculation ;)

Where is that popcorn eating smiley when you need it? :)

It's funny, after all the discussion and objection, I couldn't convince Team EVGA but it seems I convinced other teams because they ended up using my proposal for points calculation ;)

popcorn.gif

there you go :p

To fend off EVGA from ANYTHING, I will throw my SMP rig in for the next few days to help 32.....

I'll toss a few break in units from my new sandy bridge / GTX 670 rig, gotta test these temps lol, and what better way than folding on GPU and CPU, that makes a good stress test lol, and I'm all for beating EVGA, even if it's another team lol

@theGryphon, your proposal was recommended by me, when I first saw it on the CC captains forum, and subsequently, by all the others.

Why your former teammates went berserk on you and on your proposal, I have never quite been able to figure out - quite surprising to see them act like that.

I wanted to thank you personally for your proposal. It is clearly a success, and ushers the CC race into a better standard for handicapping the race, going forward.

Thanks very much, and I'm glad you found a great team to fold with and for.

Adak (from Overclockers.com)

@theGryphon, your proposal was recommended by me, when I first saw it on the CC captains forum, and subsequently, by all the others.

Why your former teammates went berserk on you and on your proposal, I have never quite been able to figure out - quite surprising to see them act like that.

I wanted to thank you personally for your proposal. It is clearly a success, and ushers the CC race into a better standard for handicapping the race, going forward.

Thanks very much, and I'm glad you found a great team to fold with and for.

Adak (from Overclockers.com)

Thanks Adak! ;)
I had proposed two things; 1) a calculation method, and 2) a fourth category, and to be fair, most of the aggravation was about my second proposal, which admittedly requires more work to be deployed :)
To be clear, I did not come up with the categorization, or the current categories. Those ideas were either used before, or floating around and troy8d had put them together (the 10-90 system). I simply modified his system with this "equal ranges" idea, which effectively incorporates relative performances (not just ranking).

Anyway, it's all history :) FOLD ON!

PS: I'm sailing in the neutral zone now :D (http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=217847)

Their chimp challenge name is so unfortunate... am I the only one that read it as 'EV Gapes'?:eek:

Maybe they have loose wimmin as well!

We might have to up the ante!

Any ideas?

I'll throw a few days of my daily driver SMP over to T32 for this. Anything to watch EV Gapes loose horribly.

Their chimp challenge name is so unfortunate... am I the only one that read it as 'EV Gapes'?:eek:

It's nowhere as unfortunate as bi*ch imps :eek:

PS: No offense guys, just having fun :D I apologize if anyone is offended...

Figure I'm not gonna stop any team 33 points, but for a new rig not online yet I can donate a few days of points before I switch back

Plus y'all gotta compete with diablo 3 for points lol

Figure I'm not gonna stop any team 33 points, but for a new rig not online yet I can donate a few days of points before I switch back

Plus y'all gotta compete with diablo 3 for points lol

Well, [H] needs some more push if you want to make it a 900M month ;) It's gonna be a really close miss otherwise...

O their going to the team alright, just need to stress test and maybe reseat the CPU. Only thing better than beating EVGA once is beating them twice!

Well, [H] needs some more push if you want to make it a 900M month ;) It's gonna be a really close miss otherwise...

31 days in May.

For this month, ppd on average has been around 29.7 million. The extra day gives us around 20 million points' breathing space.

Though, if you could give us a hand... :D

What, exactly, is this Chimp Challenge thing all about? Does it serve some other purpose beyond what is already being done?

At the core just a team race between the top few teams. Changes each year, huge changes this year

We dont participate in it as a team anymore, not worth the hassle, and I dont find it to serve much purpose any more. However, I'm in the mood for seeing someone beating EVGA so I'm in for a day or two lol

But, after that, non stop run to the team lists #1 spot, no silly contests, just a pure out slug fest to #1 lol

Its not just about beating EVGA, its about beating them twice!!!:D

Fold on!!

Heck I'll toss a GPU to T32. Expect about 15k PPD increase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not just about beating EVGA, its about beating them twice!!!:D

Fold on!!

EVGA had some unexpected logistics issues this year in CC, so beating them is not exactly an achievement :)

Btw, with the new point calculation system, things are not at a steady-state this year. I expect next year to be a more neck to neck race, if they keep the same system.

EVGA had some unexpected logistics issues this year in CC, so beating them is not exactly an achievement :)

Btw, with the new point calculation system, things are not at a steady-state this year. I expect next year to be a more neck to neck race, if they keep the same system.

For a team the size of OCF to beat a team the size and power of EVGA is quite good IMHO, Adak et al have done a tremendous job of mobilising their team

As for the point system - not going there;)

For a team the size of OCF to beat a team the size and power of EVGA is quite good IMHO, Adak et al have done a tremendous job of mobilising their team

As for the point system - not going there;)

Oh no no, I didn't mean to say anything about OCF, they did an amazing job, and they're beating OCN handily. I meant that EVGA per se is not in the competition.

I think you guys are misleading yourselves into believing that joining T32 is having any effect upon EVGA at all. You will not have "beaten us twice" unless you put up [H]'s name in the Challenge and compete against us. Of course, we all know the answer to that one. Joining onto another team ad-hoc isn't much more than playing like it has any effect. If you want to "make a statement", then compete as yourselves, otherwise this is just hollow-talk and effect. EVGA isn't winning CC, not even close, so the real effect of your joining T32 is to hopefully keep OCN from winning. On that note, I will say three-hoorahs!! :cool:

Thanks for the kind words, and the support in the CC.

You will not lose a day in your race to catch up with EVGA.

Back