Evga x58 vs Asus P6T

I'm about to build a new system and the motherboard has been the toughest choice. I'm kind of siding with the Asus P6T Deluxe v2... but I've seen to many posts of people saying DOA, DOA, 4 RMA's, etc. I know people manage to say this about every board released but still.. I see it quite a bit with the P6T. It does look great though. Except having to download some gimp bios that will never be updated so the damn thing won't throttle the multiplier down to 20 all the time. Does it have two bios chips or a CMOS Clear on the back.. I did not see either of those hmmmm.

Edit: but i'd be more than happy to have an I7 920 at 4ghz HT on reliably.

But does the EVGA X58 E758-A1 have room for a Prolimatech Megahlehalheaehelems ?

Yes it does, i can confirm, although plugging in the 8pin is a bit of a bitch on that board if you use a corsair PSU given that their plugs are a little more heavy duty. The megahalems fitting is more to do with the case you plan to use than the Mobo.

Yes it does, i can confirm, although plugging in the 8pin is a bit of a bitch on that board if you use a corsair PSU given that their plugs are a little more heavy duty. The megahalems fitting is more to do with the case you plan to use than the Mobo.

It is a little hard getting that plug in, it's crammed between the CPU heatsink and edge of the case, recommend doing it before putting the mobo in the case if possible.

Yea, I just didn't know if that northbridge heatsink/fan would get in the way.

I love my EVGA X58 SLI. The only thing I hated about it was the CPU power connector was right up on the power array heatsink.

the evga x58 sli or the evga x58 le. if you look more closely at the specs of the other board that you were considering, you will find that it is, in fact, an asus!!!!!

105843672_1dfe6cbaac_o.jpg

Hey that a old AMD board!!!

Back