EVGA X58 SLI Classified has Crossfire? Still an overpriced under achiver

Yes, X58 supports both SLI and CrossFire. Supporting multi-card setups from both big names is a big feature of X58, as it doesn't tie you in to a specific brand for high-end video card setups. A quick Google search for "x58 chipset crossfire" has results mentioning this almost a year ago. If you don't know this basic fact about X58, then you're probably not the Classified's target audience.

As the conclusion says, the Classified does many things very well (better than any other X58 board available). However, it's not aimed at every single person, and therefore is not the end-all for everyone for every purpose. The performance issues with the NF200 are well-documented, even here at [H], and are probably the sole reason for the lower benchmark numbers. It would also be nice to see the E760 version tested against both the E759 and the Asus, to see how much difference the NF200 (which everyone pretty much accepts as not being necessary at this time) makes in performance and power numbers.

I also find their claims a bit ridiculous that it still performs worse even when overclocked. They drop the memory speed over 300MHz in order to gain 170MHz in CPU clock. I'm pretty sure that anyone here could tell you than a 20% increase in memory speed will be more beneficial than a 4% increase in overall CPU speed.

In my opinion, they're taking an exotic sports car and comparing it to a Kia for commuter purposes, while keeping both cars at 2500RPM. They're taking a high-end item built specifically for "extreme" situations and testing it under standard conditions. If you don't know for a fact that you specifically need certain features on the Classified, then it's probably not the right board for you. I certainly hope that people aren't upgrading to the Classified in order to go from 3.8GHz up to 3.97GHz.

Back