EVGA X58 FTW PREVIEW!

EVGA Classified motherboard unveiled

the rumored "For The Win" edition

by AuDioFreaK39

Living overclocking legend Peter Tan "Shamino" has just recently posted on his popular site VR-Zone a classified preview detailing EVGA's upcoming X58 motherboard. For the die hard EVGA enthusiasts, speculate no more, as this may be the X58 "FTW" edition board we have all been waiting for.

According to sources close to EVGA, however, the soon to be released board will officially be named "EVGA Classified". Therefore, the "FTW" moniker will can be disregarded from this point forward. We are anticipating this board before mid-February mainly because this timeframe would allow current EVGA X58 SLI owners to upgrade through EVGA's Step-Up Program.

There are more than several exciting new noteworthy features on this board that are now able to be mentioned. For instance, the board allows full 3-way SLI nForce 200 x16/x16/x16 style to be used with room left over for a PCI-E x1 audio card on the top slot. This essentially enables a flexible PCI-Express slot arrangement for the ultimate 3-Way SLI + PhysX + audio card setup that enthusiasts have only dreamed of up until now.

For users with water cooled or extreme cooled GPU setups, there are now four PCI-Express Enable/Disable jumpers, one per slot, that allow multi-GPU setups to be troubleshooted without having to take out the cards.

In addition, the CPU core power circuitry has been completely redesigned with Super-low ESR and ESL Film Capacitors placed right behind the CPU Socket, so only the cleanest power goes into the CPU. A high-quality CPU socket is also used, with three times the normal amount of gold content for the lowest impedance and highest current transfer. Furthermore, it is complemented by its slick shiny black anodized coloring.

Furthermore, VR-Zone's X58 SLI Classified preview article was written by EVGA's lead motherboard engineer Peter Tan "Shamino" can be found here.

pic1sq8.jpg

pic3ke2.jpg

pic2do4.jpg

and one that wasn't even posted in the review:

c2uu0bm1.jpg

Presents compliments of jacob.

x5820classifiedcs1.jpg

295x5820classifiedch5.jpg

285x5820classifedme3.jpg

Current X58 owners will be able to stepup as long as they are within the first 90 days :)

The hell with Asus P6T Deluxe, with customer care like EVGA and an awesome step-up price, $50-80 to upgrade to this won't be an issue in three months. I'm all for it!

when? this is my new x58 board. I've been waiting to get back to EVGA after my giga extreme fiasco. how soon can I get this thing haxor????

Price and availability information should be out shortly once these are officially launched. The step up should accompany this official launch.

Sexy. Is that last pic of a tri-sli with another card for dedicated physx? Love how much space this board has.

What's up with hardware manufacturers and all their cheesy lines? "Play hard.", "Prepare to dominate...", ... Watch out! This SB heatsink is CLASSIFIED. Lol I don't think it's necessary to be this ridiculous in order to get nerds to buy products.

Did anyone else notice on the first link if you scroll down to features it has this.

Dual ATX12V 8pin power Connectors for CPU

Love the look of the board but not ready to give up my PCP&C 750 which only has 1 8pin cpu plug.

Did anyone else notice on the first link if you scroll down to features it has this.

Love the look of the board but not ready to give up my PCP&C 750 which only has 1 8pin cpu plug.

If your even considering this board, you gotta be able to back it up if your gonna use the board to its full potential. Im sure the board will be able to run on a single 8 pin cpu plug.

this board is indeed very very sexy, but wayy too high end for me :cool:

Jesus WTF I just noticed that too. WHY?

Yeah, and people thought I was just being a dick when I was complaining about the Corsair TX series only having 1...

I'm willing to bet it will work with a 8 and a 4, but who knows.

Holy shit Batman. That is sexy! (Please get the BIOS right out of the gate EVGA, PLEASE!!!)

And yeah, I bet it will work with one 8-pin. Jacob? RH? Fill us in on that to squash the negativity?

Goddamn X58 just keeps getting better and better like every week. Really cool to have something to be excited about.

Someone with the board confirmed that it works with a single 8 pin and that the second is for "extreme" overclocking.

Actually, it was Shimano in the VR Zone article.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/evga-x58-sli-classified-preview/6361-3.html?doc=6361

The +12v comes into the board through the 8 pin CPU Power Connector. The potential bottleneck here is removed by doubling the current input capability with dual +12v. The board runs fine with just one 8-pin connected in either slots of course, but with high-end GPUs requiring 2 x +12v connectors, maybe its time for boards to move along considering the overclocking market some are catered for.

I think I just found my new i7 board upgrade! Sexxy as hell, love EVGA, they are on a roll coming out with enthusiasts products.

Since their current X58 is already a winner, this should be too!!!!!!!!

I mean, come on......

I just got my X58 from EVGA running fine and now they do this.

That board is very tempting, plus I should have a step-up to use......I have until Mid-March, so...........when is this going to come out????
I got to admit, the first thing I'm going to do is peel the "classified" sticker off though.

If this board isn't close to $450, I'll eat one.:eek:

I haven't even received my evga x58 board from fedex yet, and am already planning to step up to this after reading the article, hoping the nf200 issues are hammered out by the time this is released.

well, looks like i finally have a reason to say goodbye my 790 ultra. the acs3 like design on the chipset coolers absolutely kill me.

This board will run with one 8 pin power connector, as jake said the second is for overclocking. TAlso, this board will come with jumpers that will allow you to disable the PCI-E Slots in the event that you're having video issues and cant take the cards out because you are water cooling. Not to mention the amazing slot layout and the heat piping.

I can tell you one thing. I'm getting one.
( i get beat to answering all your questions because i made the foolish mistake of sleeping) :)

Can anyone venture a guess as to what a GTX 285 is????

In a couple of those photos, I see a three-way lineup with "GTX 285" cards. Are these the refresh of the GTX 280???

I obviuosly see the GTX 295, which was released today, but the 285 is a new one on me.

Oh wow! That board looks nice! When will it be available?! I smell a step-up and a replacement for my P6T coming soon.

Darn it I just installed my motherboard. Oh well besides looking cool (Which I don't have a window so it matter less) I doubt I need a nForce 200 chipset I just need to resist that Heatsink thats all............its....so....shiny......

Darn it I just installed my motherboard. Oh well besides looking cool (Which I don't have a window so it matter less) I doubt I need a nForce 200 chipset I just need to resist that Heatsink thats all............its....so....shiny......

Did i mention that the E on the heat sink pulsates Red? :p

Wow evga did a good job on this one. looks wise anyways.
Am i alone to say current x58 from evga are ugly as hell and cheap looking?

Wow evga did a good job on this one. looks wise anyways.
Am i alone to say current x58 from evga are ugly as hell and cheap looking?

Hey......I have one of those......

It certainly wasn't cheap.......and it's purdy, too.:eek:

I'd take on of these new ones though.:D

This is my new motherboard! As soon as it comes out I will be buying it! I am hoping for a $350 range. :D

Back