• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650 G1

I don't know about the G1, but the NEX650G, is just a decent PSU, judging from the numbers it shows.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014...x650g_650w_power_supply_review/2#.VE9CaRZ0bIQ
-so maybe the G1 is even worst, so i wouldn't buy it untill i could find a review to read first ;).
-As far as the G unit, i don't like the fact that it has 4 very small +12V rails, each only 20A.
The 290X consumes more than 30A full load, so an average user, might had problems tryig to power such a GPU with this PSU.
 
Yea, I'm really not sure at this point.

I might just wait for Black Friday and hope a deal pops up.

I'm sad I missed out on the Seasonic 660W Platinum deal... shouldn't have hesitated.

Might try and pick up a Corsair HX750 for 60 some dollars on eBay.

edit: Well, I took the plunge. EVGA's 10 year warranty sold me. Plus I did some researching on multiple vs single rail, and I don't think it really makes a difference. Not gonna be running everything off of one rail.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top