• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Question

BaGGy

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
155
I recently just received my EVGA Supernova 750 G2 power supply, and followed the instructions for testing, as per the users manual, and I noticed a high pitch sound. I believe its generally considered a "coil whine"... well I contacted EVGA Tech Support they RMA'd it upon me calling and saying high pitch whine, without any further questions comments or statements.

Anyway, my question is, can I still use this PSU, and will it be fine, while I wait for the replacement? Or should I just avoid using it overall?
 
Coil whine is not an indicator of a defective unit. All power supplies produce coil whine. Generally it is out of the range of human hearing, and the range that is in human hearing is usually inaudible, although this does vary depending on people and power supplies, and even other hardware used in the computer. You just got that magic combination of components that did produce audible coil whine, but again, it is in no way an indicator of a defective unit. It's an annoyance, simple as that.
 
I appreciate the information, I wish the technician would have told me that. Since I was trYing to simply just get an answer... lol

I greatly appreciate the reply, thank you!
 
Back
Top