EVGA supernova 1000p2 replacement

I go the sledge hammer route myself. Amazing how it crumples electronics. Super satisfying. You could also plug in some of the cables and use it like a ball and chain on a nice piece of cement.

Or pop the fan out, look it up online and I bet you can order it from a parts store. Swapping fans used to be the big psu mod back in the day. They aren't hard to find.

Still the sound of steel on concrete does have a certain charm...

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready 10 Year Warranty Power Supply 220-P2-1000-XR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EKJQM5...t_i_Q4XS8X65DBMW1APXQH5M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I can buy the exact same PSU for $209 that they are charging $336.08 x2 for in order to keep me from using the RMA process to buy a PSU..... what kind of shit is EVGA smoking.
I've been on their waiting list queue since October 2020 for a GTX 3080. That's the kind of shit they smoke.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yep, that's exactly why they implemented the 2x cost crap. To stop the asshats from stealing gpus.
If you send it back without the cross ship. They will probably give you a ups label. Depending on your location it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.

Otherwise I vote 5.56 full auto with proper video equipment for that slo mo essplosion action. There's something to be said for blowing something to smithereens.

Yep, that's exactly why they implemented the 2x cost crap. To stop the asshats from stealing gpus.
If you send it back without the cross ship. They will probably give you a ups label. Depending on your location it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.

Otherwise I vote 5.56 full auto with proper video equipment for that slo mo essplosion action. There's something to be said for blowing something to smithereens.
I would understand it if I couldn't buy the exact same PSU on Amazon right now for $120 less than MSRP.

And I don't have proper video equipment, note 10+ video is what you get.

I’d absolutely love to watch some overly irate irrational person demolish a $150 component over not wanting to replace a $10 fan. I will bring the popcorn.

I wouldn’t pay that kind of money either. But I have replaced a psu fan in the past.

I’d absolutely love to watch some overly irate irrational person demolish a $150 component over not wanting to replace a $10 fan. I will bring the popcorn.

I wouldn’t pay that kind of money either. But I have replaced a psu fan in the past.
You not paying anything. It is just a hold.

Love my 1000 P2, it's a beast.
fractal1.jpg

You not paying anything. It is just a hold.
I'm not giving them $700 to hold for a product that is readily available and which costs $200. It is shady as fuck considering the reason I was given makes no sense as the PSU is available to buy online and for cheaper than MSRP.

Seriously how do you tell a customer that they need to hold 4x the amount paid, and 3.5x the current amazom price to do a cross ship.

And to be honest, it damn near smacks of fraud as they want to charge the price of 2 units, only send 1, then labeling the cost of the second one as something else.
Love my 1000 P2, it's a beast.
View attachment 447498
I bet you wouldn't love it if the fan made a high pitched noise that you can hear across the house every time it spins up.

Edit: It's currently a matter of principle to me, in order to continue having a working PC I have to give them $700 to hold onto, I was prepared to give them $250-300.

The only reason I can see them wanting $700, is to keep the whole amount if someone did not return the old PSU.

Last edited:
I'm not giving them $700 to hold for a product that is readily available and which costs $200. It is shady as fuck considering the reason I was given makes no sense as the PSU is available to buy online and for cheaper than MSRP.

Seriously how do you tell a customer that they need to hold 4x the amount paid, and 3.5x the current amazom price to do a cross ship.

And to be honest, it damn near smacks of fraud as they want to charge the price of 2 units, only send 1, then labeling the cost of the second one as something else.

I bet you wouldn't love it if the fan made a high pitched noise that you can hear across the house every time it spins up.

Edit: It's currently a matter of principle to me, in order to continue having a working PC I have to give them $700 to hold onto, I was prepared to give them $250-300.

The only reason I can see them wanting $700, is to keep the whole amount if someone did not return the old PSU.
You are at fault for dragging it out with your temper tantrum. You could of had a new unit on your way by now. They put the policy In place cause people opened fake RMAs and kept both products. Go buy from another company. Most don't offer cross shipment. Go ahead and wait a month before you get your replacement. I put $1800 on a credit card and got my credit back the day after they received it. There is no scam. It is them protecting themselves from scams. You just getting irrationally irate over every minor inconvenience to you. Go ahead blow up the PSU. No company wants some one like you as a customer. I am done here.

You are at fault for dragging it out with your temper tantrum. You could of had a new unit on your way by now. They put the policy In place cause people opened fake RMAs and kept both products. Go buy from another company. Most don't offer cross shipment. Go ahead and wait a month before you get your replacement. I put $1800 on a credit card and got my credit back the day after they received it. There is no scam. It is them protecting themselves from scams. You just getting irrationally irate over every minor inconvenience to you. Go ahead blow up the PSU. No company wants some one like you as a customer. I am done here.
I was going to give the $336 to cross ship, I refuse to pay $700 out of principle.

And it's amazing you still don't seem to be able to read, i have said repeatedly that since this is my first product from them, and that it didn't even make it 2 months without an issue, just to find out I have to pay $700 to keep my PC functioning, is crap. So this is just my experience and how I see things, if this was my 3rd or 4th product from them I wouldn't really give a shit, buy it's my first.

You can be ok with their policy, that's great, I can both understand the policy and criticize them for a blanket policy which I think is bullshit. I domt think paying MSRP deposit is bullshit anymore.

I think a policy of charging what they used to as a deposit and then charging a 50% fee for failure to return the original product would be a better solution personally.

Edit: I feel like I gotta say it again, while I called the PSU a piece of shit, its really just the fan and what I have a problem with is the specifics of how the warranty works in this particularly situation with this specific product combined with how much I paid for it and the inconvenience of having a non functioning PC if I don't pay, even if just temporarily.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you're learning a hard lesson about mission critical rigs. Always have spare gear.

Now head over to bestbuy and pick up a new seasonic unit so you can get on with blastin that bitch!

Engaging with a pretty awesome customer service rep, the kind that potentially turns a pissed off first time buyer into a long term customer.

Never heard back from EVGA, been getting backed up with my own work so I replaced the fan in the PSU with a noctua. I have the PSU in normal (not ECO) and can't hear the fan and it's moving a good amount of air.

Anyone want to send me something to shoot the shit out of?

Back