evga stepup

njc2482

Limp Gawd
So how long does it take EVGA to send the new card? Im allready on my 4th business day since they recieved my old card.

Is this normal?

for me it was never more than a business week...i always shipped my card either the friday before or the monday of that week. the last step up i did was very quick...i shipped my card out on monday, evga received it on wednesday, and I had it by thursday night. I used the cheapest shipping method too...but evga's warehouse is very close to my location so shipping took almost no time.

2-3 days has been my experience. My recent Step-Up to the GTX295 basically took 3 days since they received my card on a Friday, sent the package ready info to UPS on Tuesday evening, UPS didn't pick it up until Wednesday, but I still got the card delivered on Thursday. (the gtx295 rocks, by the way)

Yes, Ive contacted them twice now and everytime they say the same thing that it will either ship out the next day or that day at 6pm. But another day goes by and nothing. :( I want my GPU.
My 7900gt just doesnt cut it.

Yes, Ive contacted them twice now and everytime they say the same thing that it will either ship out the next day or that day at 6pm. But another day goes by and nothing. :( I want my GPU.
My 7900gt just doesnt cut it.

njc2482,
Please PM me your SN and Contact info and i will see what i can find out.

I waited a full 5 business days - the worst part was the shipping which took another week, but i'm out in NY.

Can't complain about the program itself though, great value.

Every time i have done stepup it has taken roughly 2 days for my old card to get there, 3 days turn around, and another 2days back to me. It helps that i'm only 2 states over from them.

honestly sometimes i think i'm like on evga's preferred customer list or something...lol

they always treat me so well. that's why they're my favorite company :)

Don't mean to hijack this thread but: Is it worthwhile to Step Up from GTX285 SC to GTX295?

Don't mean to hijack this thread but: Is it worthwhile to Step Up from GTX285 SC to GTX295?
Depends on your resolution. For 1920x1200 or 2560x1600, definitely. Lower than that, I'd say no.

I would say no since I'm upgrading from a 280 to a 295 and I sat in a 500 person queue for over a month then once they accepted my stepup on the 19th or so I sent the card they recieved it on the 25th and here I am still with no card.

If they dont have 295's sitting around why accept my step-up and take my money so I can sit here waiting for somthing they dont have.
I'd rather be gaming on my 280.

Since this is already discussing a step up, I might as well ask for your opinions. My stepup runs out in 6 days, and I wanted to know if it was worth it to step up to a GTX 285?I may be buying a 24" WS monitor soon and want to play at max texture settings.

Id like to know if the step-up prog is really worth it. from what I have read by the time you stepup; you are paying full retail for your new card when you could just buy a new one at a discounted price. sell off the old one or use it in a different computer.

Am I missing something? from what I read they take the price you paid compared to their sites retail price. so no matter what kind of deal you got; you take the diff plus what you paid and it ends up at retail, plus shipping.

If this is how it works, then I dont see how its beneficial as you could save just a little longer and get the card you want from the get go at a discounted price.

only way maybe possibly beneficial would be if they lowered the retail pricing on as right now with the gtx275 coming.

Someone please enlighten me on this. I just bought a evga gts 250 and if worthwhile might upgrade

Well, the point of step-up is you don't actually pay MSRP, but the difference b/n your previous purchase and MSRP. The point being: computer hardware depreciates fast and you won't be able to recoup the cost of your previous purchase by selling the components, so step-up essentially 'ignores' the depreciation in value.

In other words: if you bought a videocard at or close to MSRP in the first place, you get a great value of upgrading to the latest and greatest w/o paying for the depreciation in value of your initial purchase. If you got a terrific deal initially and still can recoup most, if not all, of the original price paid, then step-up makes no sense.

It's hard to tell if your deal is going to be better than what will happening in the future. I also hate the fact that you have to buy the reference board to stup up.

When you choose you new upgraded card is it usually the reference board for whatever level you are moving to?

Back