EVGA Step up Extension

samops03

Gawd
Im 9 days late on my step up from EVGA, any chance they will extend it for me and let me upgrade? Have any of you succeeded in doing this?

Not a chance :(
No you need to contact customer support asap or you will be screwed for sure.

i have 30 days left on my step up and i took advantage of this. the gtx580 is same $499.99 price i paid for my gtx480 and it will only cost me $10 bucks to cover the shipping! i am PUMPED! deal of a lifetime. FREE gtx 580 practically!

Ughh, im calling from NY and their customer support is still closed. I really hope they let me do it!

Same here, I am 5 days over. Call them at 9am PST, that is what I'm going to do....hope they can do something for us.

Two of my Three cards expired on 10/26. I doubt they will let me have an extension though... Maybe if I tell them I bought an SR-2 they will change their minds :)

EVGA you are the best!
I just got an extension on my GTX480 and upgraded to a GTX580 for $46 with shipping!
I will never buy another brand, every card i got from them has been flawless too!

@samops03:

Did you call them or send an email? I have 2 GTX470's that are 2 weeks over and am interested in the 580 as well.

Thanks

@samops03:

Did you call them or send an email? I have 2 GTX470's that are 2 weeks over and am interested in the 580 as well.

Thanks

When i emailed them, i was told that it was not possible. Then i called and the guy on the phone took a while, but eventually told me to go step up online. Sure enough i logged in and had a 5 day extension.

I was 9 days over though, not two weeks

YMMV

Just called and got off the phone with a rep (unfortunately forgot his name). He gave me a 3 day step-up extension on my 470s which I plan on upgrading to the 580s. Another kudos to EVGA for their support, I've had nothing but superior customer service from them and will continue to support this brand.

EVGA you are the best!
I just got an extension on my GTX480 and upgraded to a GTX580 for $46 with shipping!
I will never buy another brand, every card i got from them has been flawless too!

I just bought a GTX 470 today just to setup to another card in three months.
Waiting for either the GTX 570s or a dual GPU card.

Just bought a GTX 480 yesterday because I knew the 580 would be more expensive than expected. Good thing I went with EVGA.

Stepping up the 580 as soon as I get and register the 480 and maybe a bit longer if AMD's 6970 really comes out by the 22nd.

Last edited:
I'm calling customer service right now so we will see what happens.
EDIT:

Forgot to hit the post button. Just got off the phone with EVGA. They added 15 days to my purchase date of the other two cards!!!!! So I have stepped up on all 3!
Maybe my first in line purchase of my SR-2 helped.

I'll stay with EVGA for life. Can't believe I'll have 3- GTX 580's for less than $50!

I'll stay with EVGA for life. Can't believe I'll have 3- GTX 580's for less than $50!

Don't forget whatever it was you paid for the 480s. Still amazing that EVGA continues the step-up program, it has to cost them a bundle.

Don't forget whatever it was you paid for the 480s. Still amazing that EVGA continues the step-up program, it has to cost them a bundle.

It will cost them, but seeing those of us using the step up this way we'll be some of the first to have this generation/refresh and wont be able to take advantage of it again (assuming a new line wont hit for < 3months).

When I out grow my 580s I'll then buy from EVGA again and continue to push their product to my friends/customers. As long as they continue to have superb services I have no problem paying extra as opposed to other brands.

Yeah I have to consider how much I paid for the 480's.
EVGA as a company has been great. They really helped me with my SR-2 issues and now with some BIOS updates and other things I'm getting my maximum usage out of it.

Customer service in this industry is often overlooked (considering there are razor thin margins I don't blame most companies). When a company like EVGA offers up prime support and goes that extra step; that is what brings back people over and over.

When I step out and purchase expensive hardware and shell out more money for additional warranties, I expect to get treated well, not as just another number on a balance sheet. EVGA does a great job and treating customers like their own friends/family.

But obviously no company is perfect.

Heh. Feel the EVGA love here. I admit my last card was a PNY, but after reading things like this, my next card is going to be an EVGA. I doubt I'd ever use the step up program, but just knowing their customer service is reasonable and doesn't suck says a lot.

This product is not available for Step-Up, past 90 day window (Ended:09/29/2010).

:(

Doubt I could go for it.

When i emailed them, i was told that it was not possible. Then i called and the guy on the phone took a while, but eventually told me to go step up online. Sure enough i logged in and had a 5 day extension.

I was 9 days over though, not two weeks

YMMV

Phone support with the right person will always trump first tier email support, no matter the company.

It's sort of double-edged, as I bet refurbished RMA'd 580's will be sent to people stepping up as well :)

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

The cards sent to you when you step up are brand new, factory sealed, and never refurbished. It says so in the EVGA faq, just an FYI for everyone.

Back