EVGA step-up and your experiences?

RoyLuv

Limp Gawd
I did the step-up, well, I'm in the process of it. If you are not familiar with it, go to www.evga.com/stepup... I don't feel like explaining it.

I applied for the step up (from a GT to an ultra) and got a message saying "on backorder for a few weeks we will email you when ready." Ok cool, they won't just make me send my card in and wait for the backorder to com in.

So I call them to verify and the guy was very helpful and says... "you are in a queue and when your card comes in to stock then you will get an email saying it's your turn and then it will then give you payment option and a fax number to fax in the invoice."

Ok cool no worries. So 2 weeks later I get a message saying it's ready. I promptly pay the $80.00 difference and pay for 2nd day air shipping so I can get it just that much sooner. I fax in the invoice and that same day they get back to me saying I'm approved and give me an RMA number.

The next day I ship the thing off UPS ground. I hate ups, but my wife dropped it off there anyway. So it gets there Wed. Oct 6th. I call on Thursday asking when they anticipate my new card will be ship. Please note that my email said that my card was ready before I even shipped the card. They said it should be shipped Friday, it was being "burn in tested" at the time.

Well, it wasn't shipped, I called on Tuesday asking when will it bee shipped? "sometime this week" they say. Might I add the guy sounded like he was half-asleep.

I've called every day since. I aske when I can expect my card, and they tell me sometime next week. I ask to talk to someone who is responsible for the "processing" of RMAs and I get a voicemail, no call back. It's now Thursday 8 days, 6 business days later and still not shipped. I'm outraged. I have a $500 bill and no card to show for it.

What are your experiences with these clowns? I was skeptical on the step-up program but I did it anyways cause it would have been cheaper to do that than to buy the ultra straight from the store. Guess I'm paying the difference now. New egg took care of me in a matter of days. Why can't these clowns?

Anyways, there's my rant. Feedback?

Sorry no help here but I was wondering if you sent your card in when they said "it's ready." I wouldn't sweat it too hard if they didn't, a GT is ok :p, but I can understand. I'm more wondering their policy with this.

I wonder if toward the end of my period for exchange, I request a PCIe ultra, I can still get added to the queque. Hopefully they'll be on the site in the next few months. Hell I'd get another GT. They will both probably one get the one new PCIe power connector for graphic cards and be more identical to their ultra brothers on that front.

Update:

I called again.... this is like, my 4th or 5th call and I get someone....

He puts me on hold for a few minutes and comes back and says apparently there are problems at the warehouse, this is an abmnormal amount of time for them to have not shipped my card. He is checking in with his supervisor and they are going to find out how they can help me.

Ok fine. You're having warehouse problems. Why the hell couldn't you guys tell me this a few days ago? Why, when I would ask to talk to someone responsible for processing RMAs was i transferred to voicemails of people who do not call back? Or even exist for that matter?

Wow it's frustrating

I wouldn't sweat it too hard if they didn't, a GT is ok

Yeah, a GT is ok, but guess what.... THEY HAVE MY GT so it's not ok. I'm stuck with my old card till they decide to pull their heads out and send me my card. I'm lucky enough to have a descent second-string card for situations like this. I feel sorry for the people that own only this one card and have to sit and watch their pc collect dust until they send it back... Anyways... experiences?

That indeed does suck. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Forums are great for this give and take kind of info. Some places will do things like put a lean or hold on your credit card so you only have to send your merchandise back when you get the new stuff. If you don't or send back some user broken thing they can put the charge through. Now that's customer service. Some co's do that for RMA where there is a much bigger chance of course of someone trying to be shady. This is why I asked.

oh i understand... No biggie. LOL not flaming, just frustrated. HP does cross shipping or "express exchange" shipping where they get your CC number for collateral use, then ship the new printer to you and then give you 30 days to send the broken/RMA one back. That makes alot of sense to me.

I don't understand why more companies don't do that. Even a double charge on the card until they get my card back would work (newegg). It just makes so much sense. It's so frustrating as a customer to not have a clue what's going one when you're origionally told it will only be a couple days. Not like fedex or ups where I can track my package and know where it is.....

Example.....
TRACK YOUR RMA @ EVGA.COM!

RMA # : XXXXX000000
Email Address: [email protected]

Processing.......
Processing.......
Processing.......

Your RMA is in step 4 of 5 in the RMA process: Jackass in the Warehouse with his finger up his butt trying to decide if he needs an enema.

At least I would know where I stand... hehe, anyways... any more info from others would be great.

I am sorrry you had so much trouble . I did the step up and it was flawless. You experience is the first I have heard as it relates to the step up program.

Are you sure you dont work for BFG? ;)

I had no problems with my experience. I sent the old card in, they send the new one to me. Very friendly people.

I dunno about the step up program but i'm about to do it (sometime next week). I am going to step up from my 5750 256 meg graphics card (pci-e) to a 6800 ultra pci-e.

Well, I finally raised enough hell over the phone and talked to someone who actually helped me. They sent it out Thursday night and it's will be here today.

Only took the bastards 8 days to finally ship it.

And yes, this is the only time I've heard of it either, which is why I started this thread.

Oh God please let it be the right, working card... *cross fingers*

I have till the end of the month to decide if im gonna do the step-up from my GT-->Ultra
I got a bum overclocker (artifacting at anything over 375/1.05) its been increadibly hard to resist the urge to void my warrenty and rip the thing appart.
(was holding out hoping for a new gen of cards to be released which is no gonna happen :( or for ultra exreemes to be massproduced...yea right)

I hope they wont give me as much hassel as im sorry to hear you went through, luckily i had the forsight not to ebay my 9800 right away, i should be able to get by on that for a week or two if nessisary)

one question: did you have to provide your CC info when you first requested the trade in, or when they said the new card was ready?

When they said the card was ready.

Thursday they told me it was ready. The same day I paid for it and sent my invoice. Friday I shipped.

Good luck. I just ran coolbits on my ultra and it OC'd to 440/1.13

Not a great overclocker, but oh well, I don't OC anyways. I've got a crappy motherboard.

Mine also got shipped out last Thursday and it got here today. It took a little over two weeks for the GT to get switched with the Ultra (after a month of waiting in the queue). But needless to say I'm happy. Took a little longer than I wanted it to but I'm still pleased (sucks the Ultra doesn't come with Far Cry either... I sent my copy back with the GT).

sKiDmArK said:
Mine also got shipped out last Thursday and it got here today. It took a little over two weeks for the GT to get switched with the Ultra (after a month of waiting in the queue). But needless to say I'm happy. Took a little longer than I wanted it to but I'm still pleased (sucks the Ultra doesn't come with Far Cry either... I sent my copy back with the GT).

thats odd, I sent my Far Cry back with my GT and got a new Far Cry back

jacuzz1 said:
thats odd, I sent my Far Cry back with my GT and got a new Far Cry back

Wish that happened to me :( .

Strange thing though... maybe I missed something, but my Ultra came 425/1.1ghz clocked out of the box. I thought they ran at 400/1.1ghz? I know BFG cards came overclocked, but I've never heard about that with eVGA's. I'm not complaining though hehe.

sKiDmArK said:
Wish that happened to me :( .

Strange thing though... maybe I missed something, but my Ultra came 425/1.1ghz clocked out of the box. I thought they ran at 400/1.1ghz? I know BFG cards came overclocked, but I've never heard about that with eVGA's. I'm not complaining though hehe.

Mine came 425/1100 as well, thats due to the new bios. Mine will do 455/1180 except when playing Doom3

Back