• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EVGA Rumors from Computex

Hope they don't go under. I am currently running a couple of eVGA cards.
 
wow... evga going down too?

what has nvidia done?!
 
These rumors are complete BS.

Complete BS? No.

sounds semi-accurate to me. ;)

Semiaccurate? Likely.

This is why when we write about these things we make sure to quantify them as "rumors." But I have learned that while rumors are not always accurate, they are a sign that something is going on. Hence, why we asked EVGA to confirm or deny. We will have to address this again in 90 days and see what pans out.
 
Its way too early to read too much into this, but generally rumors don't just come out of thin air for a company the size of EVGA. I've purchased quite a few EVGA Graphics cards over the years and I really like what they've been able to do with their motherboards over the past year or so. Hopefully whatever problems they are having are minimal and we won't see them abandon any market.
 
I hope there's nothing to the rumors. I don't normally do the whole corporate fanboy thing, but EVGA is one of the very few companies that I make an exception for. Every motherboard and nVidia video card (I really wish they made ATI cards) I've used in my own systems for awhile have been EVGA.
 
well i'm glad i went with Gigabyte instead of EVGA...suckers
 
all these Nvidia only leg humpers need to diversify, sell some amd cards, power supplies etc... nvdia only companies seem to be getting into trouble...if nvidia doesnt like it they can have someone else sell them.. oh wait.. how many nvidia only companies are there left? lol


youd think the move to intel boards would be benaficial to EVGA thgouh, but on the grphics side...
 
Time to "Step up" to a GTX 480 and register for a lifetime while they still have life time warranties.
 
Kyle: will you review GTX 465?

I am sure we will, but NVIDIA has never mentioned this card to us. I think it is going to SUCK overall at the $279 price point. The GTX 460 will follow the 465 and is a LOT more likely to fill that sub-470 space.
 
Time to "Step up" to a GTX 480 and register for a lifetime while they still have life time warranties.

Not that I'm suspecting anything to happen to EVGA as a whole. But a lifetime warranty with a company that doesn't exist anymore is good for nothing.
 
I sure hope they don't stop making motherboards! We use Evga (99%) exclusively at work for boards and video cards.
 
Hopefully their motherboard department doesn't disappear entirely; I've been very happy with the few EVGA boards I've put in machines for work/family.
 
wow... evga going down too?

what has nvidia done?!

Exactly...

Yeah it's pretty screwed up when you're a bored partner, erm sorry board partner and are starving for product for 2 quarters.

Being locked into an exclusivity agreement with Nvidia and not having any competitive parts to sell for a long duration like that could really put a company (whose business model revolves around the said parts) in the RED.

Though I rock ATI in my sig rig now, the same thing could happen to ATI a couple of product cycles down the line, any exclusive board partners are going to have the same challenges.
 
You just answered why you don't have launch day cards, no nVidia ass kissing, no card for you!

Keep telling it as is, Kyle. Too many other sites have gone the way of the PR shill.

Yeah that's right... I just don't get that "real" feeling reading alot of other sites these days. Well said.

Hardware tech companies should learn from reviews instead of forcing sites to mislead their readers (putting their own reputations on the line) for dollars.

Taking a few hints from hardware reviewers and veterans is a better policy than putting crap out with your name on in.
 
EVGA has been good to me as a consumer...the cards they produce have been stable and reliable, and their motherboards are forward thinking and innovative.

Hopefully, the whole thing about the motherboard team is false...I'd really miss EVGA as an option for mobos.
 
since I didn't see it mentioned in the thread so far... anybody else laying odds that eVGA is going to be announcing ATi branded cards shortly... and that maybe... just maybe... Wolfram might be involved at that.

Looking at the way the information was posted by Kyle, it says that Wolfram left the European Operations... but... I'm not seeing, or not reading... "left the company itself"
 
I call a load of bull on them pulling their motherboard team. Even if their GFX dept isn't doing too hot right now, their motherboard line seem to be doing quite well for themselves. Evidence is plenty, with a new X58 FTW and the SR-2, both motherboards which have JUST come out.

Having said that, doesn't mean they(EVGA aren't having issues. I just don't see them pulling their motherboard team, as, honestly, they could drop GPU's completely and succeed as a motherboard manufacture IMO.
 
Yeah, if eVGA goes under I'll celebrate. I got screwed out of a warranty with them because of server side "errors" registering my GTX 275, something they still won't own up to more than a year later.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
EVGA isn't really a big presence in Europe anyways. I'm sure that is the main reason that the "managing director" was let go. They need to do something over there for more sales or just pull out entirely. The second half seems a little less likely to me but possible.

I don't understand that motherboard team this they are talking about. Designers? People who write the bios? Evga doesn't make any of their motherboards, Foxconn does afaik.
 
EVGA isn't really a big presence in Europe anyways. I'm sure that is the main reason that the "managing director" was let go. They need to do something over there for more sales or just pull out entirely. The second half seems a little less likely to me but possible.

I don't understand that motherboard team this they are talking about. Designers? People who write the bios? Evga doesn't make any of their motherboards, Foxconn does afaik.

I would assume they mean the designers and engineers.
 
I would assume they mean the designers and engineers.

Now that is a shock. Those guys have done a pretty good job from what most owners of evga boards have been saying. I guess that could only mean one thing.
 
Maybe they should stop paying customers to Fold... :D

(sorry, couldn't resist)
 
It was "reported"??? By whom? Obviously someone who doesn't know how to check their facts.

Let's put it this way, either journalism has apparently turned into some kind of pathetic rumor mill, or this guy is lying through his teeth and should be held accountable for it (and said journalists who "reported" the dismissal of the Taiwan motherboard makers should find more firm evidence so the guy can't deny the claim as easily as he did).
 
It was "reported"??? By whom? Obviously someone who doesn't know how to check their facts.

Let's put it this way, either journalism has apparently turned into some kind of pathetic rumor mill, or this guy is lying through his teeth and should be held accountable for it (and said journalists who "reported" the dismissal of the Taiwan motherboard makers should find more firm evidence so the guy can't deny the claim as easily as he did).

Thanks for your thoughts.
 
If it happens or not it's worth a wait and see approach to me. Kyle sir we are putting this on the clock 90 days :D.
 
well their mobos look nice and perform well, ive been less than satisfied with their layout. the front panel sound connectors are right under the gpu and i cant use them if i use my 5850 and the 8-pin cpu power is in a terrible location. its a damn sexy looking board though! :) if i didnt love the looks so much id have definitely switched to the R2G by now. way better layout.
 
I sure hope this is BS, EVGA as a whole is just a fucking flat out awesome company.

EVGA is on my short list of amazing hardware companies, with only corsair sitting next to them (brand new sealed products when you RMA just can't be topped.)

Sure hope they aren't going anywhere any time soon.
 
Back
Top