EVGA RMA for 8800GTX

BDV

[H]ard|Gawd
Hmn, apparently they still have 8800 GTX's in stock.

Was hoping to get a 260 like some others, but at least I'll get a working card :D

(Hoping, to get a working card, have been reading a few threads regarding EVGA sending back broken card because of minor dust... Crossing fingers here )

I'm sure with all the 8800 GTXs they have from trade ups, they will have more than enough for RMAs. Getting a 260 sure would have been nice though.

I'm sure with all the 8800 GTXs they have from trade ups, they will have more than enough for RMAs. Getting a 260 sure would have been nice though.

Don't know, but would think evga wouldn't be using a refurb for RMA......... just have to keep fingers crossed and see! :D

Don't know, but would think evga wouldn't be using a refurb for RMA......... just have to keep fingers crossed and see! :D

They do. No new 8800GTX's have been made in a long time now. Refurbs are all that is left I would think.

But who cares, if it works, it works and i'll be happy.

If they screw me over like they did some other users by sending me a broken card.. well that would suck.

Just by reading their EAR forums makes me cringe... getting back a broken card on some technicality after spending 650$ on it would be somewhat unreasonable... I'm scared >.<

From practical experience I can't say anything about RMA'ing an "discontinued" card. My only experience was with an 8800GT SC last year and it went VERY smoothly. :D

Concerned , maybe.......Scared, No.

From practical experience I can't say anything about RMA'ing an "discontinued" card. My only experience was with an 8800GT SC last year and it went VERY smoothly. :D

Concerned , maybe.......Scared, No.

I'm hoping for a good resolution. My first RMA with EVGA, few years ago, went very smooth.

I just recently RMA'd an 8800GTX for a friend of mine and EVGA sent back the identical make/model. So, you will probably get the same card back as well. The good news is that it works just fine. They shipped it pretty quickly too considering it was just the standard replacement service.

I'm kind of glad they are keeping a supply of various discontinued cards around for RMA purposes. I think too many people were sending in cards with questionable or vague problems after a few years hoping for a "ghetto step-up".

I'm not insinuating the O.P. ever that in mind - just think it happens.

I recently did an Advanced Replacement with EVGA for an 8800 GS that was making a buzzing noise. First card they sent was an 8800 GS that had texture corruption while in 3D mode. I called them up and they sent me a 9800 GT overnight that would luck up every time I booted to desktop after loading the driver. Again, called them up and they sent another 9800 GT which worked fine but ran hot. I removed the HSF and the T.I.M. was all dried up, replaced the grease and temps lowered about 10* Celsius. Oh, they sent me another 8800 GS I guess by mistake last week that wouldn't even boot, I hads to test it after all the fail cards they sent. Again... gave them a call and explained they sent it in error and they E-mailed me a PP shipping label. I am glad that fiasco is over.

Just placed an order for the XFX GTS 250 on the Egg lastnight for $120.00 shipped with free COD WaW and free wireless gamepad. One of the deals I found here. I just couldn't pass it up

im kinda scared now, i just picked up at gtx285 that is artifacting, im gona have to RMA it tomarrow. hope i dont get a recert/broke card.

im kinda scared now, i just picked up at gtx285 that is artifacting, im gona have to RMA it tomarrow. hope i dont get a recert/broke card.

You'll most certainly get a refurbished/recertified card in a white box. That's just the way the warranty works. They don't replace with new retail if they can help it.

You'll most certainly get a refurbished/recertified card in a white box. That's just the way the warranty works. They don't replace with new retail if they can help it.

what does a recert mean anyways? something that was returned and deamed to be ok? or a broke card that they replaced chips on or something?

what does a recert mean anyways? something that was returned and deamed to be ok? or a broke card that they replaced chips on or something?

Basically a cleaned up and/or repaired return (for whatever reason - other RMAs, step-up turn in cards). Look the card over well, test it thoroughly. If its not performing perfectly, call them a.s.a.p..

When I RMA'ed mine last year all they wanted was the "bare" card and not the extras so yes my replacement 8800GT SC came in a plain white box. I couldn't tell the diff between my new one and the one received and it has been folding to beat the band without a hickup.

They sent out a replacement on Monday. So far everything is going very good.

:D

Actually, for getting my card on Friday midday and managing to sent replacement out on Monday morning, very very good. It is another 8800 GTX. My new physix card :D

Shipping is fast too. Tracking thing says I get the card tomorrow! :D

Good times.

I reckon it depends what they have on hand at the moment. I had a 640 MB 8800 GTS die and they replaced it with an 8800 Ultra . :D

Picked up my new shiny 8800 GTX from UPS. Works like a charm.

I honestly can't tell if the card is refurb. It looks new, not a speck of dust on it. Great service.

Back