eVGA PhysX?

JediK

Limp Gawd
Has there been an announcement from eVGA that they are going to make the PhysX cards? I know that BFG is going to start selling them, but was wanting to stick eVGA. Any news on them? Thanks. :)

if evga comes out with a pcie, I would be in their debt forever.

Ockie said:
if evga comes out with a pcie, I would be in their debt forever.

I don't think that's up to the manufacturer. I think it's more of a hardware PPU thing. Similar to the newer AGP cards that need an PCIe to AGP bridge. Slows things down. When the 2nd gen PPU's come out, we'll have better performance, better physics, more interactivity with the physics, and a PCIe interface. Right now, I don't see the games taking full advantage of the PCI bus as it is.

Similar to 2x/4x/8x AGP. It took a while to fill the bandwidth there. When we need it on a faster interface, it will come.

Amanda said:
I don't think that's up to the manufacturer. I think it's more of a hardware PPU thing. Similar to the newer AGP cards that need an PCIe to AGP bridge. Slows things down. When the 2nd gen PPU's come out, we'll have better performance, better physics, more interactivity with the physics, and a PCIe interface. Right now, I don't see the games taking full advantage of the PCI bus as it is.

Similar to 2x/4x/8x AGP. It took a while to fill the bandwidth there. When we need it on a faster interface, it will come.

I saw a picture of an enginering sample Physx that I think was both PCI and PCI-E, so I doubt it's the hardware that is the issue...
I just tink there are more PCI ports outthere than PCI-E...hence the first batch is PCI...

Terra - I could be mistaken though....

Terra said:
I saw a picture of an enginering sample Physx that I think was both PCI and PCI-E, so I doubt it's the hardware that is the issue...
I just tink there are more PCI ports outthere than PCI-E...hence the first batch is PCI...

Terra - I could be mistaken though....

I stand corrected! Nice to know, though. It will be easier to implement when the time comes!

Yea I remember seeing that picture. An engineering card with a PCI-e port on top and PCI on bottom is a LONG way from actually making a PCI-e card though.

Personally I don't have a problem with a PCI PPU. I have slots open.

Amanda said:
Right now, I don't see the games taking full advantage of the PCI bus as it is.

what about the ppl with X-FIs, RAID cards and other PCI stuff ppl have in their comps? then there would be bandwith issues

Dark_fire said:
what about the ppl with X-FIs, RAID cards and other PCI stuff ppl have in their comps? then there would be bandwith issues

Any documentation on that? It may be saturating the PCI bandwidth right now, but I haven't read anywhere of it. I'm not denying that it isn't, or arguing with you, I'd just like to see if it really is being an issue.

Back