EVGA NU Audio Pro

dude, good for you. nothing comes with speakers so why mention them.

i feel like i'm going in circles again. so to quote myself above... " the sound that the sound blaster puts out is miles away from the sound output from onboard. so i don't care what reciever/speaker setup you got. garbage in = garbage out."

and you prob use onboard sound. you do realize that pretty much every modern recording studio has went digital right? computer audio is the best of the best. but not the chip on your MB. if that is what you are judging computer audio by, you may want to do some experimentation, at least if you are an audiophile.

I'm not an Audiophile, I like music more than the gear.

I've listened to Digital music since DAT was a thing. I prefer to not use a Computer as a source because of clicks, loops and hum that sometimes presents itself in those situations.

I currently use a Luxman receiver, ElectroVoice EV-Four speakers and various input devices like a Akai 1710 R&R, Dual and MCS turntables, A Topping Dac with a Chromecast Audio and a LGV40 with Tidal.

Jazz and Blues.

I'm not an Audiophile, I like music more than the gear.

I've listened to Digital music since DAT was a thing. I prefer to not use a Computer as a source because of clicks, loops and hum that sometimes presents itself in those situations.

I currently use a Luxman receiver, ElectroVoice EV-Four speakers and various input devices like a Akai 1710 R&R, Dual and MCS turntables, A Topping Dac with a Chromecast Audio and a LGV40 with Tidal.

Jazz and Blues.

exactly i don't use a computer to power the speakers either... who does? but the signal you send to the audio amplifier of your choice does matter and onboard sound cannot compete w/ a dedicated audio card.

besides if you are getting clicks loops and hum, you are doing something wrong. you do know that 99% of sound studios have gone digital now, right? if digital was that bad, they wouldn't be using it.

exactly i don't use a computer to power the speakers either... who does? but the signal you send to the audio amplifier of your choice does matter and onboard sound cannot compete w/ a dedicated audio card.

I prefer no direct physical connection between a computer and Hi-Fi system. And when I use my LGV40 as a player I always just run it on battery.
I try to introduce as little hooked up DC equipment as possible to my system.

It's 140 characters too many

As an update, Twitter has allowed 280 characters for 2 years. Still not quite enough to flesh out a rational thought, but more than enough to troll the shit out of each other....and release news/press occasionally. But mostly for the exceptional trolling.

I prefer no direct physical connection between a computer and Hi-Fi system. And when I use my LGV40 as a player I always just run it on battery.

Doesn’t the DAC take care of that for you (separation from the PC interference)?

Doesn’t the DAC take care of that for you (separation from the PC interference)?

If optical then no issues. But USB can still introduce a ground loop.

So of course can a crap cheap wall transformer driving your DAC or charging your phone etc.

As much as I like smaller systems, I can't for the life of me see mATX as being too useful for enthusiasts, especially those that would spend up for a card (array?) like this.

Either go ITX and make it actually smaller, or just get a compact ATX case. Three slots worth of height is just not that much overall.

Matx is 4 slots and a lot of cases have a 5th slot. I used to run SLI in an FT03 and the footprint was was like .6 sqft.

One of the best Z390 enthilusiast boards is the Matx ROG Gene. Only one extra slot on that one though so you could do a sound card and a 3 slot GPU but thats it...

I dont understand why they wouldn't just make it USB.

As an update, Twitter has allowed 280 characters for 2 years. Still not quite enough to flesh out a rational thought, but more than enough to troll the shit out of each other....and release news/press occasionally. But mostly for the exceptional trolling.

Hey now... that's some inflationary language words characters

LOL!!!! so what you use bluetooth as your audio interface? yeah dude that's way better quality than wires.... and LGV40 is def not a computer... it's way better than a pc with a soundcard!!! LOfn'L!!!!! ahahahahaha

LOL!!!! so what you use bluetooth as your audio interface? yeah dude that's way better quality than wires.... and LGV40 is def not a computer... it's way better than a pc with a soundcard!!! LOfn'L!!!!! ahahahahaha

WiFi or wired from the LG yeah.

They now need to make a version to tack on to every eVGA motherboard as the onboard audio solution.

Be a heck of an incentive for buyers to gravitate towards their MoBos.

They really just need to do a USB device with a separate power source and ground loop protection.

Unless you're running a noise-rejecting signal like a balanced audio setup can, putting any part of the analog signal chain inside the PC is a hard no.

They now need to make a version to tack on to every eVGA motherboard as the onboard audio solution.

and asus could include a xonar w/ every one of their boards too. but somehow i feel like i'm living in a fantasy. actually they use to have a little add in pcie card that came with certain ROG boards. not sure if it helped sell boards though.

and asus could include a xonar w/ every one of their boards too. but somehow i feel like i'm living in a fantasy. actually they use to have a little add in pcie card that came with certain ROG boards. not sure if it helped sell boards though.

Making it exclusive to their pricey ROG MoBos didn't help. If they had made it an Asus brand MoBo exclusive (available on all their MoBos), then they would have given consumers a reason to choose, and stay, with their brand...

all comes down to cost.. onboard audio per board is pennies in cost to add while a separate audio card add's to much cost for evga and the consumer for the small percentage of people that care about that.

if anything you're likely to have the opposite effect and the vast majority of consumers would gravitate to other brands because they don't want to deal with the addon card.

Reactions: Auer
like this
You can/could get better sound quality casting 16/44 to a (Now discontinued) $30 Chromecast Audio connected to a DAC with SPDIF (mini TOSLINK).

I would not drop any serious coin on Audio cards for Hi-Fi purposes.

Totally serious. I don't know the effect of a ground loop / audio. Could someone explain for the noobs out here.

I wonder if it requires a Sata Cable to power it that is the biggest problem with the orginal Nuaudio card I considered purchasing it.
People say the Creative cards are miles ahead but I haven't tired both so I can't really say.

Ground loop can be easily mitigated using an on board regulator or audio isolation transformer. As long as the signal can be decoupled from the incoming power supply then a ground loop can be mitigated.

Interference caused by other devices operating on the motherboard are a different problem.

I wonder if it requires a Sata Cable to power it that is the biggest problem with the orginal Nuaudio card I considered purchasing it.
People say the Creative cards are miles ahead but I haven't tired both so I can't really say.

I have the soundblaster AE-5 and just learned it does not support 2.1 sound. The sound is wonderful on my ears though, just wanted it to work with a dedicated subwoofer and a set of speakers.

Weird, their official stance is that it cannot do 2.1 with analog outputs.

Creative Support (Creative Labs Pte Ltd.)

Nov 20, 15:20 +08

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting Creative Labs.

The Sound BlasterX AE-5 does not support 2.1 speakers with a separate subwoofer.

If you want to connect a 2.1 sound system to your sound card, you can connect it to the Front(L/R).

Maybe share your setup please? I have been working on this for the last week and could not find a single instance of anyone getting 2.1 out of the card. All I see are people using pc desktop speakers that take in 2.0 and then just crossover the LF to the sub. My goal is doing the crossover at the sound card so my fronts arent getting the LF and only the sub is.

Weird, their official stance is that it cannot do 2.1 with analog outputs.

Creative Support (Creative Labs Pte Ltd.)

Nov 20, 15:20 +08

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting Creative Labs.

The Sound BlasterX AE-5 does not support 2.1 speakers with a separate subwoofer.

If you want to connect a 2.1 sound system to your sound card, you can connect it to the Front(L/R).

The SB AE5 has pretty much the same back panel ports as the last decade of SB cards. It has five 3.5mm jacks.

1) LIne IN/Mic
2) Head Phone
3) Front L/R
4) Rear L/R
5) Subwoofer

Assuming you are talking about a powered 2.1 computer speaker system, then you will have no issues.

If you are talking about non self powered studio monitors or something, then yeah, that will take some extra equipment. The Front/Sub jacks are line outs so you would need a separate amplifier(s). Or use something like a receiver to drive the speakers and use the optical.

The SB AE5 has pretty much the same back panel ports as the last decade of SB cards. It has five 3.5mm jacks.

1) LIne IN/Mic
2) Head Phone
3) Front L/R
4) Rear L/R
5) Subwoofer

Assuming you are talking about a 2.1 computer speaker system, then you will have no issues.

If you are talking about non self powered studio monitors or something, then yeah, that will take some extra equipment.

I am talking about a pair of studio monitors and a separate powered sub. the subwoofer port outputs nothing unless setup in 5.1, in stereo it sets to 2.0 and will not output anything. I believe there is a matrix stereo to all channels option but this still does not let me properly filter. Might look into this evga card coming out.

If going the route of a receiver then might as well just output the raw digital and decode it there. I will admit I was ignorant when I bought this, just assumed since it could do 5.1 that 2.1 was also possible. Odd that it is not.

I am talking about a pair of studio monitors and a separate powered sub. the subwoofer port outputs nothing unless setup in 5.1, in stereo it sets to 2.0 and will not output anything. I believe there is a matrix stereo to all channels option but this still does not let me properly filter. Might look into this evga card coming out.

If going the route of a receiver then might as well just output the raw digital and decode it there. I will admit I was ignorant when I bought this, just assumed since it could do 5.1 that 2.1 was also possible. Odd that it is not.

Does your powered sub have outputs?

Many do and you can set the frequency from the sub itself as it has a plate amp.

So run the monitors from the sub.

If they wanted to go 'pro', though, they could have used 1/4" balanced outputs for studio monitors or balanced speaker amps. All the isolation inside the case you could want, and then you push the line outs to 1/8" jacks in a cluster...

If it's not XLR, it's not pro. ;)

Does your powered sub have outputs?

Many do and you can set the frequency from the sub itself as it has a plate amp.

So run the monitors from the sub.

Probably could do that, might be my good enough solution. My complaint was the sound card not being able to do this natively. As I haven't purchased a sound card since the SB Audigy, I was a bit out of the loop and assumed too much. I guess the majority just have 2.1 setup with the amp in their speakers doing the work, or a full 5.1. Just seems like it would be a software level thing to be able to change but IDK.

Back